The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

paint color decisions

JamesFoster

Metallic black would be cool. Red would too.

mcbride89

I keep going back to that red vr4 droollll. It's so sexy. Does anyone have anymore shots of it??

Ant

bmxr152

yeah im loving that red

So far top three is
1. RED
2. Silver
3. White(looks so clean, but i kinda want a non factory color)

Jesus_Negros

Im painting my conquest GM paint code 41 which is a black. Check it out. its nice.

bmxr152

Okay so Im either doing a silver or a black. I would do red but i already have a 97 cobra Thats red.

2000GTX

I'm just glad you didn't choose that blue.

Oh god that blue was bad.

rdomeck

Don't do a color change unless you know what you are doing. You will devalue your car by a bunch. It takes hundreds of hours to do one correctly. I complete disassembly. Doors off, hood and trunk off, engine out, etc. When I did mine I counted 39 parts that I had to paint separate. It took three trips into the paint booth to get all the parts in color. I went from the stock white to Dover white which is a pearl/darker white.

transparentdsm

^ +1, 1078 was repainted and it looks like sh*t and was not done right at all. i can see white everywhere from it not having everything removed and sprayed.

bmxr152

Well i Dont have a problem pulling the motor or doors. I was thinking if i do a metallic black since the car is already Nile black it would look close enough.
Or try and get the same color in a gallon. I was quoted 500$ for a gallon of x68 Nile black though.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

it says onyx black, but its code x68 and its only 280 a gallon click in the search bar type in x68 go to page 3 and click the 1992 mitsubishi one, then scroll down and look for x68

bmxr152

Okay i might just do that then. X68 is the Nile black right. Thats what my vine plate says. So they must also call it onyx black?

transparentdsm

thats what im assuming. look at my build thread for 138 and check out the jdm hood, i bought 2 cans of spray paint and it looks perfect, i just need to clear coat it.

bmxr152

Yeah it looks nice. Hey does anyone know where to find jdm front bumpers. Ive been looking but i cannot find anything. I really need a new bumper if Im going to paint.

transparentdsm

if you have the money, ebay. other then that put up a want to buy ad for it. im gonna wait till i have like 1300 bucks saved and try to get both and if need be buy them off ebay, but that wont be for a while.

bmxr152

Currently there are none on ebay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Vr4junkie

I'd say go metalic black thats what I would go with since the car is already Black might aswell do somthing different that just me but I think Metalic Black would look good on our cars . And as for devalue its already a money pit not sure how much it could get devalued /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif but if you think Metalic Black would look good go for it I would like to see how it would turn out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned