The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

On the dyno for a retune.

4thStroke

Details in the description.

click

I was pretty happy with the results. Luke didn't touch the boost controller, only added timing and clean up the AFR. It baselined at 401whp that day.

broxma

I like the way the English guys tune a car but I was unaware they used a Dynojet. Good numbers regardless.

/brox

4thStroke

Luke got his hands on the first link system dynojet, it was their prototype. I'm not sure if you are familiar with that system, but you can link the front and rear rollers together, it's still a load base eddy current load base dyno.

natoe

Hey Spencer, its Kristen's friend Nathan. That was cool seeing you dyno the galant, great results!

I haven't been on this forum or done much with my cars in a long while, but I recently got motivated and bought a clutch and a EVO3 16G and have been tearing it apart all weekend.

What turbo are you running? edit nvm just read the youtube description hah.

Last edited:

4thStroke

Nathan, it was nice meeting you too.

Kristen mentioned you were back to working on the VR4. What are you going to use to tune it? Any plans on coming back up here any time soon?

If you look closely, you can even see you and Kristen in the video!

Last edited:

4thStroke

3rd gear pull. I'll email Luke and see if I can get the dyno graph sent to me, but it's actually making pretty good power all the way to 8,000 RPM or so.

I didn't mention that it's on 92 octane pump gas, but I figured the exhaust was a dead giveaway.

natoe

I'm hoping to find someone to read my current chip and then just change the injector compensation from the 450s to some evo 560s I bought today. Do you know if they do that at English?

It basically has all the basics: fuel cut removal, 2g MAS, CEL shift light, knock sum... Just need to change the fueling constant. I might have to get my own burner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I'll be up north again in the near future I'm sure! Not sure when though. I'd love to make it to another dyno day and get a baseline.

4thStroke

Last I talked to Luke, he didn't have a way to burn chips, so I doubt he has a way to read. I may be mistaken, though.

Luke doesn't care for chip tunes, he's stuck on ECMLink pretty hard. He even put a 2g ECU in his Evo so he could use ECMLink in that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

natoe

haha that's funny. I just do the chip thing because its been enough of a baseline for me and its been mostly free since I've had friends with burners. My car might have to have its shop virginity violated soon if I can scrounge the money for tuning.

Brianawd

Quote:
I like the way the English guys tune a car but I was unaware they used a Dynojet. Good numbers regardless.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

ApexHunter

^ I'd venture to guess he assumed it was an inertia based dynojet as opposed to a load based one?

frank1

nice numbers for pump gas

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned