The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Back from the Dyno.

belize1334

So I accidentally put this under "anything goes" which is ok, I guess, but it seems to me that this is a better place for it. Don't mind me, I haven't had my coffee yet.

Made 264 AWHP and 263 Ft-lb.

This was JDM manifold, s16g set to 17psi and my PWR 6x6 air/water setup. The block is OEM and a bit tired. The real benefit was getting to use their wide-band and figuring out that I was going lean up top. The first run was like AFR 11.8:1 (yikes). Bumped up the fuel pressure and brought her down to about 11:1 which got rid of most of the knock I was seeing. I think there's something wrong with my injectors or AFPR though cause base pressure was like 45psi in order to get that AFR and now my fuel trims are in the low 80s. I heat soaked the intercooler too after about 4 runs so it's getting traded out for something bigger.

As you can see we also did a back to back run w/ and w/o the cyclone runners activating. Check out the difference in the boost threshold and tq at around 3k rpm. Booya baby!

Last edited:

Good numbers but why is the boost so low?? Should be more towards 20 PSI. Gotta love the TQ with the runners on man shoots way up there EH, NICE. Good job push it a little more and get closer to 300whp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

belize1334

20psi and 300awhp is my new goal though I feel it might be a bit reaching. I didn't push for it this time though since I've bee struggling with knock (now explained by the fuel issue about which I had been suspicious ever since I switched injectors). I've got some PTE 650s coming that I got cheap from EvoM.net and if that doesn't help I may bite the bullet and throw a Walbro in there in place of the evo ix pump. Also, like I said, I'm going to a new air/water core that should more than double the core volume and hopefully get my intake temps nice and cool. Anyway, the purpose of this session was more to make use of the wideband for diagnostic purposes. Getting some decent numbers was just an added bonus but I thought I'd share.

Last edited:

Yea sounds like your on your way, I was looking at the EVO 9 pump( Will be good enough for 300whp),But went wally and FPR. I would look at an EVO intercooler also( EVOM) that would be more than enough air for 300whp on a S16G.

324vr4

He's using a Liquid to Air setup on the IC side of things...Roger your car is on it's way nicely...It's going to be exciting making the larger L2A IC work...and injector swap...I'd say your pump is more than fine but having even flowing injectors might be your trouble...soon my dog of war /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jogalant

Quote:
I heat soaked the intercooler too after about 4 runs so it's getting traded out for something bigger.

What air-to-air intercooler were you using previous to this? You indicated your present setup is not good enough. Are you happy you switched to water-to-air? What was the previous intercooler setup before you switched to this?

I'm really curious and would appreciate your feedback. I'm considering water-to-air myself. I just don't know how more efficient it is all things being equal. We all want to mitigate heat soaking and we all want to run with higher boost pressures.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned