The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Old school wheel pictures.

turbohf

damn those actually look good. wasnt feeling it at first.

*NOTE* this was just a test fit. make sure they clear the brakes, that the lugs are right seat/pitch, etc...
IMG_20120129_135149.jpg

those are 205-40-17 tires. i got the wheels off a honda kid (looked sick on a 00 Civic Si lol). but i definitely need some bigger tires! looking for some used 225-45-17's right now, but no one on CL is responding.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
going to try to install my EVO9 KYB's at work sometime this week, then mount the wheels back up, get some awesome pics for you guys lol.

bobdole

Those Racing Hart looks great. Once you get the correct tire size. Are you going to lower the car?

turbohf

yes, EVO suspension with cut springs. once i do that, hopefully in the next few days, ill throw the wheels back on with some bigger tires. then take some proper pics of the wheels/car...

citymunky

Quoting 15psi88:
Misfitsnemesis is correct. SC Saleens. Search "Stern Reverse face 2" also. When you find them, they go between $800-1500, depending on condition of course.

That is not my car, but it worked better than any of the ones I had of my own to do some photoshopping.

Everytime I see a white car sitting on white rims, it makes me want to paint my rims white.

jnava

Staff member
Enkei RCT-1

IMAG0561.jpg

bobdole

These where rare. Got them in 2001. Rays Engineering Versus Spada Wide 18 7.5 32 offset.
scan0002crop.jpg

scan0007wf.jpg

bobdole

lol that is so true, but it does feel like a long time ago. 2001

BrandonEchols

Quoting jnava:
Enkei RCT-1

IMAG0561.jpg

I love these wheels. always have.

raptorWagon

Quoting thedsmguy:
Kinda think that its weird that 2001 wheels or even 99 wheels are old school. But they are.. All that tells me is I'm getting old.

When people usually think of old school, something 20+ years usually comes to mind. '01 wheels on a '91 car, sh*t the car is older than the wheels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

jnava

Staff member
Quoting BrandonEchols:
Quoting jnava:
Enkei RCT-1

I love these wheels. always have.

Thanks!

rdomeck

Not sure how old these Racing Harts are?

They were on the car when I purchased it. Running 245/45/17 tires. I think they are a 35mm offset, I really can't remember!

turbohf

Quoting raptorreed:
Quoting thedsmguy:
Kinda think that its weird that 2001 wheels or even 99 wheels are old school. But they are.. All that tells me is I'm getting old.

When people usually think of old school, something 20+ years usually comes to mind. '01 wheels on a '91 car, sh*t the car is older than the wheels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

true. thats why i asked if mine where legit. but i hate it when people put wheels older than the car on them. had a couple guys on a previous forum that would love to put Enkei 92/BBS baskets/whatever on cars made 97-01. just looked like sh*t.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned