The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

oil filter housing woes (leaks)

Polish

+1 on Summit being cheap. Stick with the higher end brands it's worth it.

CarRacer

A tip I found for cutting the braided hose is to wrap where you want to cut in electrical tape. That gives you a line to cut along. Then take an air powered cut off wheel and hack it off. I realize not everybody has a cut off wheel, but it makes the hoses look nice and no stray wires to stab you. Ask around and see if someone local has one.

I've got a dremmel and have seen that method used before in person but when you take the tape off if you are not careful you can seperate the braid.

The best method is probably a sharpened chisel or a nice blade like some performance shops that sell braided hose have. Bolt cutters may not create the cleanest cut but they get the job done.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned