The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Off Boost and Throttle, RPM Spike While Shifting, Help?

desant78

Hello gvr4.org

Driving around work I noticed that I have a mini "rpm spike" of about 500 rpm, depending on boost, throttle position, and gear.

For instance, if I am in the 4-5.5k rpm range, in second gear, at about a litte less than half throttle, at 10 psi, and try to shift, I get a spike of 500 rpm.

If I just get off the throttle gently, and don't shift nothing happens. Also if I get off the throttle and wait for the BOV to stop, then shift nothing happens.

If I am shifting while my BOV is making any noise, I get an RPM spike. It varies, and I will post a video. I just noticed this today, and added the MBC last night.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! I'll try and post a video tonight.

EfiniX

Isn't this also a symptom of running a bit lean?

How's your engine temp?

DynastyLCD

learn how to drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

just kidding, Sal!

boosted_85

I have the same problem but my happens around 3k instead of 4-5.5k range. I have changed ignition coils, wires, plugs and ignition tranisistor and the problem still exist. Whats weird is that it doesn't show in any of my logs, must be bad wiring somewhere or something.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned