The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Number 638, after *THREE* years is finally back!

324vr4

^^How's your coolant temperatures with that radiator?! I have a similar version but have been running into problems with over-heating...how many cfm fan are you using? Car looks great though by the way!

Thanks.

I have no A/C. The condensor takes a good amount of airflow away from everything, despite the galants "Refrigerator-Door" Flat style of the front.

Also a pusher fan is manditory when running a setup like this. Run it off a switch to go all the time.

All in all, I'm more Drag, and less Race-Track oriented. Biggest reason for the civic radiator.

Plus all the room that is freed up is incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:

324vr4

^^Cool, thanks for the advice...I'm gonna throw in a fan sandwich I believe to help with the cooling temps....one on all the time the other activated by the coolant fan switch...Good luck and get a new video!

A room cannot be incredulous no more than it can be angry; perhaps you meant incredible? Also, there's no apostrophe in "saved" unless the word was not actually saved, but that would make even less sense. Those things aside, nicely done! You've put a lot of work into that car and it must feel fantastic to have it running. I'm pretty sure I saw a DSM tearing up that snowy yard in a different video on Youtube, but it was a little hard to be sure as the editing was so awful.

Thanks Qship.

I purposely screw words up in my day to day dialect. I guess I'm just bored of regular pronouciation.

And Save'ed, like in the old english times. Our Damsel, Save'ed!? Nobody!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Next installment will be a more detailed look of the car, and the third will be track domination footage.

I'm making these little 3 part series for my buddies, and colegues too.

Video editing Is fun I must admit!

Edit: Also that snowy parking lot is located on the Maine/ New Hampshire border near North Conway.

Its funny because its basically a gateway to the thousands of miles of snowmobie trails.

What you can't see behind the camera person, is a string of snowmobilers stopped to watch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wow, this thing never gives up!

After everything was replaced, I skipped out on the head. The guides are junk, and were allowing oil to leak into the cylinders and therefore soaking the plugs to the point where they will not fire.

New head is here this monday @$500 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

This will be the be all, end all.

New video up soon to follow.

Peace.

DR1665

This thread was new to me, man. Epic. Video was among the most entertaining I've seen in a long time. You know what the best part about down time is? It just makes the next test drive even sweeter.

Awesome thread.

Update time!

New cylinder head re-build. The old one has a warped surface, and a few broken guides.

To all those with ARP head studs, don't force the bolt past the valve spring.

There is a good chance the valve guide will crack, and drip oil into the cylinders.

Also there are some crap MIG welds I have to apologise for. Things happen, you gotta do what you can to get the car together.

Anyways..

Head will be back Thursday, and then I can finally enjoy the car more!

turbowop

If that dump tube terminates right above the front crossmember, that's a surefire way to melt the wiring harness that runs right near it. You may wanna think about extending it down past the crossmember.

Its true. And I hate dump tubes.

This will be re-routed with an external in a few months.

Plus the car is fully undressed due to head removal. All will be tucked away.

Wow I never really realized how clean your shell was. Windshield looks good to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Bring her on by when your done, No hard feelings for what its worth

Launch

I've got #634, almost like its lil brother /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

streetmasters

what steering wheel is that? dsm talon or eclipse?

Last edited:

464/2K

talons have an eagle on the wheel, this one has the diamonds which means its an eclipse wheel. either way they are the exact same other then the emblem.

Launch

some are leather wraped, others are not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ok, way over due update:

I hate to admit this, but I'll just blame it on the last owner.

So my buddy brought his Bolt-on 03' EVO over. Had a cracked exhaust manifold.

We replaced the manifold, took the car for a ride. Ran well, probably 280-300whp range.

Than I mentioned that my car was running, and that we should go for a ride. He agreed.

My car was breaking up between 4-5k RPM. Prolly a fuel filter, I've been lazy.

The car didn't break up at all, all systems are a go!

2nd gear ripped, 3rd hammered, and 4th was plain fast...

Then the f***ing HOOD LATCH UN-HINGES! Hood smashes the windshield, and it starts raining sunroof glass. I am really pissed off at this point.

100MPH and I'm doing an Ace Ventura. Scary, sounded like cars colliding at 45.

Anyways, the good part of the story is that all my hard work, and I can smoke a bolt on EVO on wastegate pressure. So I'll take it.

Soon, new panels, glass, and paint. God, why can't something go right with this car.

Anyways, yet another update as soon as I get this sh*t-storm sorted out.

Thanks for the support BTW. A lot of members are really helping me out, and I thank you all.

Anyways the damage is the Hood, Roof, Windshield

chargedawd

When are you going to grow up and take some blame for yourself?

You have owned the car for how long now?

Nice video, can't wait to find you at the track.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned