The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Number 638, after *THREE* years is finally back!

steve

Quote:
"Repair would be in excess of 10K"--What the hell was that teck smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats called "We don't want to deal with it so we're going to blow you out"

You should've seen the block under the mag process. Looked like spider webs under a blacklight. Oil starvation was the cause of failure on both engines.

The 1st engine's balance shaft block-off plug came out, and pissed 5qts out instantly.

The 2nd engine was just tired, and never rebuilt despite claims otherwise. Ended up consuming itself.

Its really too bad how a Daily commuter, turns into a race car so quickly. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/bawling.gif

Wow man, you've really put heart and soul into your ride, and even though you've went through more than your fair share of tough times it looks like your finally seeing the light. Keep this thread updated, I'd like to see it through to the finished product.

curtis

The crank is nitrided from the factory. My crank has been in the garage and washed numberious times since I started butchuring the crap out of it and the bearing journal areas aren't rusted at all.

Quote:
Wow man, you've really put heart and soul into your ride, and even though you've went through more than your fair share of tough times it looks like your finally seeing the light. Keep this thread updated, I'd like to see it through to the finished product.

Much thanks for the kind words. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

vapid

Quote:
I just wanted to post documentation of what I have spent thus far.

im still trying to figure out where the supposed $16.5k went?

^The car initially = $7k

"Rebuilt" engine #2 = $2.5K

All the money that has been spent to where the car is now = $7K

Its a total of all the money that was spent, and not on this round of mods only.

Still waiting for the tensioner bolts, etc.

Well, alot has changed since I last posted.

I moved from Virginia back to Maine. What can I say, I love it here!

The car took a hiatus, but is now back to being re-assembled and almost firing.

I'll get that vid I promised all of you when it happens.

I'll see you soon, take care!

JB

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Ooooh! It's getting so close.

Just need a windshield, and it's back to the way it was when I bought it.

Except WAAAAAAAAY better then they guy who had it before me.

Haters got something coming to them if they dare line up with me this summer, track or otherwise! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh and that video will be up this week for SHO.

BoostedAWD91

looks good man, i like the N1 exhaust. i have been using the Apexi N1 for close to 8 years now and still love it

swe_gvr4_1991

looks really nice! welder skills are good to have, which i lack... maybe in the future tho. :)
i'm waiting with excitement for that video. i'm rebuilding my engine to. based on a euro-spec N/A block. they are like the 4G63T block. with the oilsquirters too.

keep up the great work!

Thanks for the kind words!

I am not using oil squirters on this block. But I do know aside from compression ratio these engines are identical.

So a low compression N/A is basically a "T" engine.

Good luck with that build!

Last edited by a moderator:

Damn! I couldn't even edit fast enough myles!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also the video was produced by me, and all the music Except "Hey man, nice shot" and "End of Heartache".

It was alot of fun to make!

Enjoy.

UGH. I think I need to put that in a seperate post.

Its a pretty touchy subject, but I got ripped off, from a guy who I thought had morals, and a good reputation. The devil takes many forms, thats for sure.

Now its right, looks good, runs perfect, and I'm still in love with it.

I stare every time I see her!

Plus its really, really gratifying to build an entire car by yourself.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned