The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No interior lights?

Cornfedevo8

What's going on everyone? I came up on a 92 560/1000 and the old owner did a lot of half ass work. There were so many wires and sh*t everywhere. I cleaned up the bay and got the car running but I noticed that the rad fan stopped working that's an easy job the one thing I can't not seem to find is the dash lights no longer work! The 1st night I got the car running everything was working and I went and checked everything I can think of. The 10amp Fuse was not blown, I checked all ground cleaned everything changed fuses even tho they looked fine and still nothing. Going under the dash and looking and going through the harness and there is nothing that is broken corroded or grounded out that I can see without having to take out the dash. Is there anything else I missed that other ppl have had the same issue and got it fixed? Again, back tails and front fog and what not all work. I took off the cluster yesterday to check the back and everything looks good. Please let me know what you guys think.

gvr4ever

Many moons ago I improperly grounded a aftermarket stereo and the dash lights and tail lights kept blowing fuses. Kinda sounds like the same thing... While I can't remotely diagnose your issue, I'd imagine it's a improper ground or short/cross that should't exist.

As old as these cars are, non hacked wiring is holding up extremely well. Lately I've been appreciating early Mitsubishi quality and engineering. While anything can happen, I can currently turn key my Galant VR4 any time I want. Knock on wood.

Cornfedevo8

The car no longer has a radio, and when checking all the ground inside and out nothing is out of place and all fuses are perfect. I guess I need to do a little more research and see what I can come up with because this is one of those small stupid issues and I bet you its right in front of my face! I will double check the radio wires and all that and I guess go from there.

gvr4ever

Not blowing fuses is probably making it harder to diagnose. If anything, it almost sounds like a power wire or ground isn't correctly hooked up.

Cornfedevo8

Yes, again this is one of those issues that is probably right in fount of me and It's giving me a hell of a time trying to find it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned