The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No Low beams

SleepinGVR4

Went to start up my car tonight, and the low beams didn't turn on. My high beams, fog lights, parking lights and tail lights work. I checked the grounds in the engine bay. One was loose but didn't change anything. I haven't checked the relay's continuity yet.

I think there is a ground behind the instrument cluster too but I haven't checked that.

I'm out of ideas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

vr4play

Obviously make sure the bulbs are good. I was driving one night and all of a sudden I didn't have lights. I thought for sure both bulbs couldn't go out at the exact same time but they did. New bulbs and I was back in business.

SleepinGVR4

That's exactly what it was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I thought there is no way both bulbs would go out at the exact same time.

At least it was an easy fix.

I'm Having a similar issue, but I have new bulbs, and my lights flicker on/off as im driving down the highway. I noticed there was some corrosion on the drivers side plug, the original issue was just with that side. when I turned my lights on, the divers side wouldnt illuminate until I opened the hood and wiggled the connection. now they turn on and off as I drive. Kind of aggravating, and I'd rather not get pulled over for it. And now everyone and their mother that I'm driving next to thinks I'm trying to race them.

BoostedAWD91

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
That's exactly what it was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I thought there is no way both bulbs would go out at the exact same time.

At least it was an easy fix.

You remember that night we were driving back to your place at night in my galant and all a sudden all my lights went out at once. We had to drive home without lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts