The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Leon_R

I have been around for a while and have seen this routine before, someone dares to include "the mighty" GVR4 in the same sense as DSM and bunch of you guys jump them. Yes, AWD DSMs were based on a GVR4, and no, it is NOT a DSM in the strictest interpretation (neither are 96-99 Eclipses and Talons, BTW). But guess what, if it wasn't for DSMs, GVR4 would have been just another "cool" but obscure Japanese limited production car with nothing remarkable about it, after it was retired from WRC in the early 90's.

DSM’s fed GVR4's with enthusiasts, mods, experience and parts that would have never existed otherwise! Do you think all these companies would have developed parts you now enjoy, if they were only targeting few thousands of GVR4? There would have been some support, but it would have been a LOT more expensive, with far fewer options!

To be somehow insulted by being grouped together with DSMs plain stupid! The two car groups are forever intertwined and really could have not existed without each other!

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

EH and I were the first two to say something. Neither of us are DSM nazis, we just know how some of the others are on here. We were just getting the enevitable out of the way.

Leon_R

"Neither of us are DSM nazis"

So who is misusing DSM/GVR4 terms now? It is the GVR4 nazis, who bring this up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DSM nazis usually argue that 2G NT are not real DSMs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LIV4PSI

Either way, they are all 20+ year old piles of Mitsubishi headaches as far as I'm concerned

EHmotorsports

Leon R If my posts have made you to believe that I was in any way giving crap to the OP. you are sadly mistaken. I'm glad dsm's are around hell I've owned them in the past. They are great parts cars to keep the galants on the road. I was only preparing the OP for the inevitable. But on the galants are DSM's kick I will add this.
When you find evedince that galants were made by diamond star motors I will change my opinion. Do you call a new MINI a dodge neon? 2002-06 MINI's share the same engine and gearbox as a European Neon. No its a MINI. Same with the 2007 and newer MINI's do you call them Peugeot's? They run a peugeot's engine and trans. No they are still a MINI.
What I'm trying to get at is. Almost every auto manufacturer share parts from make,model and brand. It doesn't matter who makes the running gear its what the body says it is that matters. If its a dodge then it's a dodge. If a ford, then it's a ford. If its a DSM then it's a DSM. If its made by Mitsubishi, then it's not a DSM.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

And to the OP your car looks very nice and I hope you enjoy it no matter the views we all have on DSM/galant deal. I know I love mine and have a blast in it. Hope you will also. I see it has the 5lug conversion already and EVO wheels. And it's the best color for a galant;) so you have a great start. Look forward to future updates on her.

Leon_R

"Leon R If my posts have made you to believe that I was in any way giving crap to the OP. you are sadly mistaken."

Obviously I was mistaken, YOU clearly do not care about this subject! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

EHmotorsports

Really I don't but the facts are facts. I'm sorry you have been misinformed in the past.

As far as the OP goes I haven't flamed him for anything. my comments are directed to you because you opened up the debate about it. I have a right to my views baised on facts and wasn't going to express them to the OP to be a dick. I will however set people straight that are ether misinformed or just plain ignorant and looking to Troll the forums. Any further comments will be reported for Trolling. The community doesn't need any more people that are out to misinform others.

Last edited:

Leon_R

Thank you for setting me straight! You clearly posses a superior DSM/Galant knowledge!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

EHmotorsports

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gifYou are welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

JoshRizz

Well on a lighter note, input EGK plugs an wires in today and Sunday we installed the wideband. Just ordered boost gauge this afternoon. I know we're strict on where we post questions or whatever but does anyone else use the 2 gauge holder where the GVR4 badges usually go? My wideband hardly fits. Any ideas or thoughts would be great.

Leon_R

Josh, that depends on how much you want to match the WB gauge. AEM does make a very similar looking electronic boost gauge (which has a version with a boost controller build into it) so the two of them would good together. But the gauge alone is $160 and with boost controller it is over $300!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned