The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Volk Racing wheels!

4orced4door

I also think the Volks look WAY better than the SSRs. The SSRs aren't bad, but the Volks are just so much better. Do you have some normal pictures of the front, back, and sides yet?

I got one too

sweet rims!!! i have a set of Volk GT-P's 17x8 +43 just waiting to be put in. doing some major suspension work...bushings, tie rods, ball joints, weld trailing arm, 4ws eliminated, 4bolt rear lsd, no abs...whew! fyi, eclipse and galant suspension parts are identical. i just raped my gsx and will install all the non-rusted suspension components on my vr4.

anyways...excellent choice in rims!!!

Damn you! Those are the wheels i wanted to get! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Make sure to post pics when you get them on.
Those wheels look NICE by the way Harry.

Quote:
sweet rims!!! i have a set of Volk GT-P's 17x8 +43 just waiting to be put in. doing some major suspension work...bushings, tie rods, ball joints, weld trailing arm, 4ws eliminated, 4bolt rear lsd, no abs...whew! fyi, eclipse and galant suspension parts are identical. i just raped my gsx and will install all the non-rusted suspension components on my vr4.

cheekychimp

I'm going to get Compomotive MO 18x8 rims for my VR4. Compomotive list the offset range as 23-35 and backspace range as 5.3"-5.8".

I looked up the GVR4 Tire & Wheel Knowledge database but I don't understand it. Probably because I am DUMB !!!

So someone tell me please ... will these fit in the existing arches or do I need to flare !!!

number3

Quote:
sweet rims!!! i have a set of Volk GT-P's 17x8 +43 just waiting to be put in.

[You will need a wheel spacer to make them fit (Stick out properly)... you may want to rethink that.]

Quote:
fyi, eclipse and galant suspension parts are identical.

They are pretty close. I was one of, if not the first to put a T/E/L real in my Galant VR4. I was messing with you.

Quote:

Thank you.

[Edit] I was being sarcastic on the sticking way out thing and not know the TEL and Galant are similar. I changed it so I don't confuse anyone. Sorry.

Last edited:

number3

Paul,

You should be fine with them.

With a 8" wheel you want to be @30-35 mm offset.

number3

Quote:
I also think the Volks look WAY better than the SSRs. The SSRs aren't bad, but the Volks are just so much better. Do you have some normal pictures of the front, back, and sides yet?

Of course I do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I got one too

Quote:
They will stick way out... You should rethink that.

we'll see..it fit perfect on my gsx. once i get the subframes on i'll either hit myself in the head or jump for joy.

Quote:
fyi, eclipse and galant suspension parts are identical.

Quote:
Really?

yeah. i bolted up the vr4 subframes and everything fits. i should take a picture of my gsx...its soo lifted and ready to climb some rocks.

kartorium

VOLK GTP's- Talk to Ron, I think he is the one with a set of volks that have an offset of over 40 and are 8". He said they worked.

Harry, I think you've flip flopped the offsets. Should be the less offset you have (closer to 0, or negative) the further out it pushes the wheel from the body. Mating surface to center of wheel. So if you go to a 43, or higher offset you have issues with the struts and fender liner.

Those wheels are so illmatic, I don't think you even need fender flares. Just dial in the camber in the front and leave the rear...its not that bad. Plus, tires that stick out a tad make the car look super mean! Please take more pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Oh, Paul-
They should fit if you go with the higher offset (35), and actually they'll work all the way down to the 23 but if you go 30 or lower you might want to flare. If you look at harry's wheels, you can see that if you got a 30mm offset on your wheels they should stick out 1/4" less than what harry's do.....I think

Last edited:

number3

Quote:

Harry, I think you've flip flopped the offsets. Should be the less offset you have (closer to 0, or negative) the further out it pushes the wheel from the body. Mating surface to center of wheel. So if you go to a 43, or higher offset you have issues with the struts and fender liner.

I edited my respond so I won't confuss anyone: I was being sarcastic on the sticking way out thing and not know the TEL and Galant are similar.

I wanted to pick on him just a little.

Nate

The car definitely looks sweet, Harry. Glad you like your Volks, too. :)

Bronze Volks, of any style, will make ANY car look VERY good. You could stick them on a Kia and it'd look good.

Once again, congrats!

Nate

number3

Quote:
The car definitely looks sweet, Harry. Glad you like your Volks, too. :)

Bronze Volks, of any style, will make ANY car look VERY good. You could stick them on a Kia and it'd look good.

Once again, congrats!

Nate

Thanks Nate, You should stop over and check out all the changes. (house and car)

The wheels are growing on me. I don't like them yet.

But I usually find that I like things better in the long run if I don't like them right away, if that makes sense.

4orced4door

Quote:
Quote:

Of course I do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

So post them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

evo8ya

Quote:
Best first post evAAAAr.

LOL read the dates noob.

right^^^^^^^
that is the same size I have on my evo though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned