The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Volk Racing wheels!

number3

Quote:

gold or bronze???

Bronze.

I really really like em. Bet you can't wait to put some wider rubber on those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Awesome wheels!!! let me know how they work out...I need a lot more rubber! What size tire do you think will fit?

CJ

the rims look. is it me or do they stick out harry? i could be seeing things since its early.

hector

JB

they look like they stick out a little bit.

Eighty9TSI

They look perfect IMO.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited:

number3

They do stick out some. I knew this before I ordered them. The math doesn't lie.

I also own 9" wheels with 6.25 " back spacing and these are 8.5" with 6" back spacing.

40-45 in the front and 35-40 in the rear should put the tire 'under' the car farther but causes other issues on unmodified cars. (control arm and strut interference, and inside fender rubbing) With coilovers and other mods I have made to make the 9" wheels, I own, to work; I would have liked the above offset numbers. I would have liked the above offset numbers. But this is not a perfect world and Volk was 'nice enough' to the wheels "a pretty close to ideal" +30 mm. So it is what it is. They stick a little but I am hoping for less understeer and this shoudl help.

One of the racing teams runs a narrower wheel on the back vrs. the front of their EVO and it seems to work very well for them. I was tempted to do that myself.

I would have like them in a polished finish but again. I was told Bronze or nothing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I may have them stripped and hand polished like my SSRs some day if I decide I really like them. I ordered them to be my track wheels (once I wear out the 5 year old SO2) and the SSRs will be for get togethers.

If they don't grow on me I will sell them here first, I promise.

Anyone want to buy my old 16 x 9" tire wheels? $800.00

comparison_2.jpg
racewhl_weight.jpg

[9" wheel pictures and clean up typos]

Last edited:

mistaVR4

Looks real good, definitely need a bunch more pics. Nice pick.

Quote:
I would have liked the above offset numbers. But this is not a perfect world and Volk was 'nice enough' to the wheels "a pretty close to ideal" +30 mm. So it is what it is.

I would have like them in a polished finish but again. I was told Bronze or nothing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I may have them stripped and hand polished like my SSRs some day if I decide I really like them. I ordered them to be my track wheels

Volk did mine at +43 but i figured they knew best, so I went ahead and got them. fits perfect.

Hay Harry, please don't strip those beautiful wheels down. they look great just how they are.

ether way, your car kicks much arse!

cheekychimp

Quote:
I would have like them in a polished finish but again. I was told Bronze or nothing. I may have them stripped and hand polished like my SSRs some day if I decide I really like them.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ... no no no !!!

I gotta agree with Sgt Dave on this one Harry. I love your car as much as the next guy but I just never liked the polished wheels. I just kept thinking to myself it needed black or bronze. In my opinion you just did about the only thing that could possibly make the car look better.

Really Harry I know I'm a petulant youth but sell the SSRs and keep the Volks ... PLEASE !!!

Last edited:

number3

Quote:

Really Harry I know I'm a petulant youth but sell the SSRs ... PLEASE !!!

Never!

number3

Quote:

Volk did mine at +43 but i figured they knew best, so I went ahead and got them. fits perfect.

But how wide are they? My SSRs are +42 and fit perfect but are also only 7" wide.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned