The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

SparxXVR4

Well I guess it's time to crack this open for everyone to hear about me.

Hi my names Brian. I'm from Washington state and have been building bagged trucks and go fast cars since I was 15. I'm now 38 and really have not slown down to much, (looks at wife, hi hunnie). Haha

I'm an RV Technician by trade and have been doing it since 2006. I enjoy it and it funds my go fast needs along with supports my family.

I bought my vr4 in 2019 from a really good friend of mine named Derek, he took very good care of it and worked on it as much as he could being in the military. It was amazing on E85 but unfortunately I don't have E85 where I am so it has been just kinda moving around my garage for the last few years.

I have had so much fun with my last evo that one day I just looked over at the Vr4 and said to my self " it's time". So my adventure has begun.

currently I have 7 vehicles that I enjoy the sh*t out of, but I have to say I love the MR.
IMG_20201221_110253_721.jpg

ozlancer1

Hey all. Eddie from TN here with 18/2000. Joined a few years back when searching for a GVR4 to purchase. Someone was always a step ahead when I tried to buy. Found one very close to me and pulled the trigger. I was tired of waiting. I have had a few 1G/2G in the early 2000s. Had my dream car which was an EVO IX. Life got in the way and I had to do what I had to do at the time. Now I am just wanting to take my free time and build this car from A-Z. Just trying to source a fuel tank since this one was without and a lower thermostat housing. I have plenty of other things to keep me busy with this one in the mean time! Thanks for having me.
Welcome! Looks like you have a decent amount of work ahead of you! But it will give you the chance to built it your way and it's all worth it in the end. Looking forward to seeing the progress on it!

ozlancer1

Hi all, I’m Johnson from Austin Texas.

I’m originally from S. Cal and owned a 91’ Charcoal Black GVR4 from 1996 to 2004, I had a lot of fun smoking many cars back in those old days. I took the GVR4 to the 1996 (LARC) Battles of Imports in Palmdale CA, and because of the consistency of the AWD on GVR4, I was able to get 3rd place out of the whole race. At the end I had to sell the car because of relocating to Taiwan.

After many years, I moved back to States and have always dream to get my hands on another GVR4, then one day on Facebook market place, this 91’ 1184/2000 show up for sale, so I made an offer took this baby home.

The car is really clean in and out, the motor seems to be under good condition, but few things like; ECU, down pipe and exhaust are missing.

Just need time to work on it, so that one day I can have this baby start running again.

My daily vehicle is 2018 RAM and 2020 MDX Hybrid.

View attachment 2913
Nice Key Chain!!

View attachment 2909View attachment 2910View attachment 2911View attachment 2912
Nice! Love that hood!

Matt from Nashville, 1377/2000 bought the car a few months ago a slowly getting maintenance a some upgrades. It has been my daily since my other daily had blew a head gasket.

Looks like car has had the head rebuilt, intake, 3in downpipe back an ecmlink on the way.

Always down for critical input or any tips and hacks also looking for interior trim pieces😬

IMG_0347.jpeg

CharvelGrinder

Matt from Nashville, 1377/2000 bought the car a few months ago a slowly getting maintenance a some upgrades. It has been my daily since my other daily had blew a head gasket.

Looks like car has had the head rebuilt, intake, 3in downpipe back an ecmlink on the way.

Always down for critical input or any tips and hacks also looking for interior trim pieces😬

View attachment 3680
Looks clean. Thought I saw that awhile back on FB in Mt Juliet or something.

Looks clean. Thought I saw that awhile back on FB in Mt Juliet or something.
You probably did. Got it in Smyrna, tn. Wiring wasn’t bad but vacuum a boost leaks everywhere a when got to my buddies shop to take a look better every single trans bolt was falling out, alternator bolt falling out. Just every lucky made it home a wasn’t but an hr fixing everything a now runs great. Now just trying to learn this damn ecmlink I got lol

CharvelGrinder

You probably did. Got it in Smyrna, tn. Wiring wasn’t bad but vacuum a boost leaks everywhere a when got to my buddies shop to take a look better every single trans bolt was falling out, alternator bolt falling out. Just every lucky made it home a wasn’t but an hr fixing everything a now runs great. Now just trying to learn this damn ecmlink I got lol
Sheesh. Like you said at least you made it back and didn’t need a tow. Glad you got everything sorted out. Maybe I’ll see you out and about whenever I get mine running lol

NathanP56

Hello everyone my name is Nathan and I currently own a 1991 Galant VR-4 #1656 in California. This car was passed down from my dad and i am trying to restore this project car.
The car has been sitting in the car for over 10 years. I was trying to find another 4g63t engine near me and I couldn't find one. I was wondering could a 1999 Eclipse 4g63t engine fit on the Galant?

rustednut00

Hello everyone my name is Nathan and I currently own a 1991 Galant VR-4 #1656 in California. This car was passed down from my dad and i am trying to restore this project car.
The car has been sitting in the car for over 10 years. I was trying to find another 4g63t engine near me and I couldn't find one. I was wondering could a 1999 Eclipse 4g63t engine fit on the Galant?
Where in cali are you located?

doncoba

Hello my name is Jose I recently purchased 470/1000. I have always been a toyota guy. I have had mr2s and I wanted to build an alltrac camry when I failed at finding one I came across a galant vr4 which essentially is what I wanted to build a 4cylinder turbo awd 4door. So you can say I took a short cut.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned