The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New rim option.

boostx

What you think ?.
It was a direct bolt on. Car already been swap to 5 lug.

citymunky

IMO, not bad but not nice. The design of the rim doesn't fit the box body of the galant.

PreskitVR4

Looks good, prob not so safe though. Audi is 5-112, where as our 5 lug is 5-114.3, audi also uses a lug stud with a ball seat, as opposed to most lug nuts that are a 60 degree acorn seat. So, as there is only a 2.3 mm diff in the bolt circle, it appears to be "direct bolt" when it is not. I'm not trying to be jerk, just have tons of experience in this area, want you to know the facts.

bobdole

Quoting PreskitVR4:
Looks good, prob not so safe though. Audi is 5-112, where as our 5 lug is 5-114.3, audi also uses a lug stud with a ball seat, as opposed to most lug nuts that are a 60 degree acorn seat. So, as there is only a 2.3 mm diff in the bolt circle, it appears to be "direct bolt" when it is not. I'm not trying to be jerk, just have tons of experience in this area, want you to know the facts.

I would also add how dangerous this is. I have seen wheels fall off MB and Audi because the wrong seat of lug nut was used. If you are using cone seat lug nuts with these wheels take them off asap. Also the reason then went over the 5.114 bolt pattern is because Audi use a 14 1.5 stud.

fuel

not to mention those wheel studs/lugs are probably bent now.

thedsmguy

I've seen lug nuts that "swivel" on the top to allow for up to 3mm difference in PCD. I'm to lazy to search for them again but they are out there, they basically have a washer that is concentric (???) and a cone shape to seat to the wheel. All the reviews say they work perfectly.

Good luck. I sorta like them but not all that safe...

fuel

yeah we call them wobble nuts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned