The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New (returning) Member Introduction

vr4g63

My name is Denver and I'm a Galant-aholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I just wanted to post a quick (re)intro. I just bought my 2nd GVR4 (946/1000) on Thanksgiving day. I still own 13/1000 too, but it's been sitting for a couple of years due to a major mechanical issue and lack of funds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif I have been saving for a motor build for 13, but I happened upon a CL ad for 946. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The guy was asking less than it would cost me to get 13 back on the road, so I jumped on it. It's great to be back behind the wheel of one of these awesome cars. I have also owned a couple of 1st gen Eclipse GSXs, buying my first one new, in 1992. DSMs are awesome too, but obviously lack the stealth factor of the GVR4. I hail from the Pacific Northwest, near Portland, OR, which seems to have more than it's fair share of GVR4s. I've seen at least 7 unique specimens in the area.

Anyway, 946 is Summit white and is actually in nice shape. The body is good except for a few dings in the roof. It looks like maybe someone was putting something fairly heavy on the roof rack and had a mishap. The paint is even in decent shape (no clear coat peeling) and the interior is immaculate. It's lightly modified, but apparently by someone with at least half a clue. It's running strong with the exception of some stuttering/bucking under full boost, particularly in 3rd gear or higher. So I picked up some plumbing parts from Home Depot to make a boost leak tester, ordered new plugs and wires for it and will start down the list of usual suspects this weekend. Here's a few pics from the CL ad, complete with 10 months of tree droppings. I will post more/better pics when I get her cleaned up a bit.

vr4g63

I found my original introduction post: click
Note - I was going by my middle name (Curtis) then, but have since started going by my real first name (Denver).

GSTwithPSI

Welcome back. Looks like a good find. What did you have to give for it?

Hopefully a good wash cleans it up a good deal. Don't forget to take care of any needed maintenance items. The 4G won't hesitate to leave you stranded if it's neglected.

vr4g63

$2,250. Yeah, maintenance is key for sure. I'm no stranger to the 4G63. Been stranded a few times. Timing belt on my last DSM, coolant hose on 13 (a few times), clutch fork on 13 (limped home from Boise to Portland with no clutch), clutch master cylinder on 13. I blame the ACT 2600 for both of those, but still put in another one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jnava

Staff member
Welcome and good luck with the build on 13...

EHmotorsports

Welcome back! Look forward to seeing the progress of your cars:) do you go to Portland cars and coffee?

vr4g63

Thanks jnava. It's going to have to sit a while longer, but it WILL happen. I miss the Muellerized JIC setup on that one very much. It was fun having to only slow down for corners if I didn't want my passengers to slosh around the cabin too much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

vr4g63

Thanks EH. Portland cars amd coffee you say? Those are 3 of my most favourite things in the whole wide world. Sign me up!

EHmotorsports

Next time I go I will send you a PM. Coffee's on me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned