The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New User Introduction

Hi Everyone.

I am newly registered here, but have been lurking/referencing for a few years now.

About me: My name is Curtis. I currently live in Portland, OR and own 13/1000.

I bought my first DSM (GSX) new in 92. I loved that car and drove the piss out of it. I enjoyed dropping the jaws of 5.0 Mustangs owners and whatnot, but still yearned for a bit more power. I asked every mechanic and auto parts clerk I encountered, what could be done to up the power. Every one of them said "nothing". If only I knew then what I know now... I ended up trading it in on a SUV in 95 because we were expecting a baby.

In 2000 I moved to SoCal and went to work for Mitsubishi Motors North America. One of my co-workers introduced me to the moddability of DSMs, the GVR4 and hooked me up with Mike at RRE. I had bought a 3G eclipse (boooo) because I got a sweet car allowance package, but it only applied to their new cars. I kept seeing a bone stock 1G GSX with 68K on it in the parking lot of the Panasonic building next to the MMNA HQ campus. One day I left a note on it asking if the owner was interested in selling... A few days later, I made him an offer he couldn't refuse and I had a 1G again. I still have it, but its timing belt slipped (I think) and its been sitting for a few years now. I'm about to sell it or part it out.

I bought #13 about 4 years ago and I absolutely love it. It was lightly modded/hacked when I got it. I spent some time and money cleaning up the hacks. Then I got some new wheels and tires for it and had John Mueller set it up with some JIC coil overs. I then set about collecting goodies to take it to the next level. Most of the goodies are (still) in my garage waiting to be installed. With the already stealth/sleeper/grocery getter appearance, my plans are to keep it as stealth as possible but be able to accelerate and corner with the big boys.

I'm back in my home turf of Portland, OR again. I am in bad bad financial ruins now. I have lost my house and (nice) truck, sold my rally car and trailer and most of my other tools and toys. I'm literaly struggling to keep the power on and put food on the table, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif but I still have #13 and it'll be a cold day in hell before I give her up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, I just to introduce myself and thank everyone for all the great information I've gleaned from the forum over the years. Hopefully I'll learn enough to pass some knowledge on someday...

Best regards,

toybreaker

iconoclast
Sounds like you've taken the the long way around to get here, but here you are.

There's a pretty cool pnw crew here. Watch the event section here, and try and make one of the meets they put on.

Welcome to the board! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Times are definitely hard, but all you can do is keep your head held high and keep moving. Any real man would do what you did( selling your toys and tools) to provide for your family.
You can always buy new tools and toys.....a families irreplaceable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Welcome to the org...........by the way, thats gvr4 dedication not selling her. I can admire that.

Thanks for the warm welcome toybreaker. It was a roundabout way... I've been on the SoCal DSM and Eclipse 3G boards for a while, and I could swear I signed up with galantvr4.org a while back, but I can't find my login info anywhere.

Thanks for the warm welcome Dbossman. It certainly has been hard, but it will get better. It sucks to have to start over after working so hard to reach my goals and dreams, but I'm certainly not the only one in that boat these daze. You hit the nail on the head about the family priority. I'll get my toys back someday. And at least I still have #13.

fivestardsm

Welcome!

Pictures please, I do not have any of them in either my files, or on the Pic post> click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned