The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

my new gvr4

dsmgst

whats up guys!

just picked up a '92 vr4 597/1000 (belize green) its my first galant. i have had 2 2g talons prior to this, so i am pretty familiar with the car. i had to scrap my big build i had going for my latest 2g(650ish) since i had no income. picked this up to drive around in until this march when i leave for the army. i plan on doing a full resto with it and probably duplicating the build i had for the 2g.

ill try and get some photos of the car up here soon.

i

fivestardsm

Good luck with it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dsmgst

thank you!

heres some of my DSM history i have. and the unfinished build i had going this past summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif
2g

2g

2.3 s362

and my newest edition! big plans in the making for it. ill make sure i finish this new project this time around though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
vr4

vr4

Last edited:

curtis

Hope you kept the 2.3 with the schwitzer. VR4's like teh schwitzer power. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

So what MOS did you sign up for, I'm ex army, send me a PM might be able to give you some tips. But here's a quick survival guide. If your MOS has anything to do with shooting or working on something with a gun your going to combat period. Probably not once but a few times.

Stop drinking sodas and everything stronger, no more junk food or fried greasy foods. You just had your last whopper. You got 3 months to get cleaned out better start now. Start doing push ups (wide arm, diamonds and normal, Elbows against your ribs is cheating), pull ups (palms away and palms toward you)and sit-ups and start slow jogs for all day periods everything else doesn't matter. If you get to basic and can't do these four basic things life can go from bad to worst really fast. If you think your in good shape now or was a jock in school I'm sorry your going to fair bad. Big muscular guys that live in the gym for months before they go fair bad and get rode worst than the average joe, They have to carry all the extra mass and usually have the big man on campus mentality. That usually is gone by the 2nd or 3rd day.

Another good thing is learn to stand for long periods without moving, learn to stand against a wall ...not easy, put your hands on the ground about 18 inches away from the wall and with one thrust kick your feet straight up in the air and land with both together and your body in a straight line upside down with feet against wall. Thats not the hard part the hard part comes when your still there an hour later or there taking a fire hose to your ass. Its just a head game but they've been writing the rules for head games for a few centuries and your not going to get to read the rules before you get tossed in the game. Also another thing is vocabulary all sentences now end with Hooah and or Drill Sergeant.

When your not doing push ups etc watch videos of training for all branches on you tube (this will start getting your head focused and have the correct mental attitude and read this till you know it , might as well start now you'll know it by May. Just a few hundred pages of light reading. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
Not trying to scare you but the recruiters don't tell you this, they blow smoke up your ass about how great life is and sugar coat everything so they can meet there monthly allocation of new recruits.

STP 21-1-smct volume 1 also see if you can find stp 21-2-smct that covers the rest.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts