The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new owner of 713/1000

jrschultz

Hello to everyone. Great site you have here. I recently purchased 713/1000 from my buddy Andrew (4wheelsqueal). I've loved these cars for quite a while, and when Andrew decided to part with this one I jumped on it. So so so much has been done to this car! Low mileage JDM tranny, rebuilt top end, drive shaft, suspension, interior, 4ws delete, brakes, fuel pump and lines, rust repair, and so much more. I plan to upgrade it slightly, but mostly just keep the maintenance up and enjoy it for what it is! The only things left to do is re-do the power steering lines, replace the speedometer cable, and a few other simple odds and ends. As you can see, this is a very clean car! I'm happy to have it. Feel free to comment on anything you may know if there are any previous owners of this car viewing this thread. I look forward to learning a lot!

Here's some pics:
007.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

005.jpg

jnava

Staff member
Clean ride bro and congrats. This is the best site for your ride and I hope you really enjoy your ride.

Galactica

Congrats and welcome to the site!

GSX_TC

Welcome aboard, thanks for posting pics of your car. Most new guys take a while to do that.

maroonmetallic

Im friends with Andy & didn't even realize this was close to mine in number.

Congrats on the purchase!

-Shawn

4wheelsqueal

Hey shawn, that car was pretty close in number to your car! Thought you knew that. Glad this went to a good home and I can still see it from time to time. My son wasn't happy with me for selling his car but when I came home with the evo and his personalized plates on it, he kinda forgot about this car. And I know at least one former owner, polskivr4 is on here.

Last edited:

Galactica

Wow no kidding, eh? It says ES instead of VR4.

jrschultz

My stock "VR4" panel was cracked where the lights screw in. My plan was to swap good lights from the es panel to the vr4 panel until I discovered that the panel itself was cracked. So, I just swapped the entire panel over.

GSX_TC

^^^What do u mean? All I see different is a 1g steering wheel, 1g shift boot and looks like a 2g shift knob and a gauge on the a-pillar. Otherwise a nice clean stock vr4 interior

Is yours not like that?

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

And the evo 8 stereo. But other than that and the parts gsx-tc mentioned, its bone stock.

yeti

That under dash looks way different then mine I was more of talking bout that and I thought that might of been stock radio with cd player ?!?! But I geuss not...

Is that the jdm under dash?

jrschultz

The under dash tray is jdm. The other parts of the interior were pointed out correctly. The EVO 8 cd player will be pulled out today in favor of a Sony Deck with Ipod hook up, but I'll be keeping the EVO 8 stereo. I have a feeling I'll use it for something down the road.

4wheelsqueal

Actually, justin, he's correct, I told you incorrectly that it was a jdm one. It is out of an '89. The jdm one would be on the other side of the car. Sorry, my mistake.

jrschultz

"Actually, justin, he's correct, I told you incorrectly that it was a jdm one. It is out of an '89. The jdm one would be on the other side of the car. Sorry, my mistake."

Cool. good to know. It amazes me that when people know the "ins" and "outs" of a particular car they can easily point out differences. Thanx guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned