The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner - #1025 91 Belize green

thomcasey

Introducing myself. I just picked up a 91 Belize Green VR-4 (#1025) shell. Definitely going to be a project as it needs a rear seat cushion and both front seats at a minimum on the interior. Expectations are replace the current 5-lug rear subframe with my pristine 4-lug, sort out the interior to find my needs there. Will run a 7-bolt 4g64 botom end out of my 93 Summit AWD Wagon ( motor is originally out of a 95 Galant) with a 4g63 head with a 14b. I am hoping to make this my daily and devote the colt to autocross. I have been fiddling with DSMs since 2008 and currently DD my 4g63t swapped 91 Dodge colt. Wife will be driving a 4g63t swapped 93 Summit AWD wagon with a slapshift.

The rides:

#1025 as she sits

Swapped Colt and Wife's Summit"

89Mirageman

Glad to see you over here man. I haven't owned a GVR4 in a while now but still check in here daily. It's a great place for sure. Good luck on the car and can't wait to see the progress on it.

transparentdsm

nice collection, good score on the VR4. make sure to pull the front fenders and check for rust. also look around the site here and make sure to check and repair all the problem rust areas before building it to drive. whos 1g is in the road?

thomcasey

That is also mine. a 91 Auto awd with manual ECU, 450's and a 14b. It is going away soon though. My youngest doesn't like it so I cam trading it for a daily driver for him. As for checking things on this VR4, I plan too. I expect it will take a year or so to get it all sorted out. I also have to get a gas tank as my middle son stole the tank out of this one before selling it to me. I can have it running by spring, but need to get the interior sorted and the wife's Summit swap completed.

Here is the family list of cars:
4g63t swapped Colt (me)
AWD Auto Summit Wagon (me)
91 TSi AWD Auto (me, driven by no. 5 son)
92 TSi AWD 5-speed (was mine, now oldest sons)
91 TSI AWD 5-speed (2nd sin's)
91 Galant VR-4 (Middle Son's)
Only kid not currenty driving a DSM is #4 son, he has an Acura TL, but the Auto talon WAS his.

thomcasey

Thanks Chris. I hope to return it to glory some day.

BpuVR4

holy crap, i bet they love you at the dealer parts counter (if you use). i see #4 son is the black sheep! pretty incredible list of rides you got there.

has 1025 been around on here for awhile? i feel like that number rings a bell for some reason.

thomcasey

Somebody local was selling it along with a runner for about 1500. Someone bought the runner and left the shell. My son bought it for $200 and raped it of the gas tank. Now I have it. Not sure if it had been on here or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

thomcasey

I did that this morning too. This shell came without a title, so at least I have a name now to use in getting an Indiana title for it.

Wolfpuss

I just ran into your YouTube channel, and all I can say is wow! Awesome work! You just gained a fan! Keep up the good work, Thom!

thomcasey

Here is how she sits currently. Right now the only positives are the ac is still there and no rust. But it looks as though I will be in search of an almost entire interior and a gauge cluster.

thomcasey

Goodies from goclutch87!!!!

thomcasey

DEcided to make a weekend trip to Iowa and get some more stuff from Steve. Now my stripped down VR4 will have a bunch of Steve's rusting VR4 inside it:

Seats
Carpet
Console
Wipers/motor
Door sill trim
Climate control/heater core

This will be up and running sooner than expected now. I had 1 1g TSI auto my youngest son was driving. When taking it to a guy to buy it the tranny puked, so I had to take a huge loss. SO, I traded my 93 Summit Auto AWD Wagon for a 98 Civic EX for the kid. NOW I have a motor!!!! Let's see if this can be running before winter!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned