The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New intake manifold

jepherz

Staff member
I think this manifold is a copy of the original from Ausiland maybe? In any case, looks like a pretty nice design:
Ebay

G

Staff member
Looks similar to the jun surge tank. Might be good, someone has to order one up & dyno it here I guess.

jared50438

looks promising, should request pictures of the inside of the plenum. too see what the runners look like? see if they have a velocity style or if its flush with the plunum or protrude out.

4thStroke

Im always a little skeptical to buy from companies who have no sense of proper English grammar, especially on eBay.

Olson

theres some evom guys running this intake manifold do a search over there.

bazeng

A few guys are using it over here.

Honestly, they need ALOT of work.
They are a cast item and the ports are very rough.
The manifold is very Heavy also.

The bellmouth runners are quite nasty looking too.

BUT in saying that, I haven't had one flowed yet. They could be a good thing!

curtis

A friend in town has one. He pulled of a JMF street version and says the car picked up but last trip to the track car started acting stupid under boost so he quit, next day he started inspecing and found the weld all the way across the bottom was split open about a 1/16 of an inch. So he brought it to me to fix. Now this was at 26psi with a s362 and a bullseye race compressor cover.

The top is cast as well as the VE stack area and runners, when they welded the halves together no V was cut and had a pretty little weld using fill rod on top. Penetration looked to be about .040. I went around the entire weld 3 times until the crack was filled and it quit flowing oil residue out then I took some 1/8 inch x 1 inch bar stock and wrapped it between every runner and welded all around to help pull the top against the bottom. All and all for after market intakes this was one of the nicest manifolds I ever had to fix. Yea it has some imperfections in the runners and would probably benefit from a true VE stack but all and all a nice manifold. We all gattered at the track wed night but got rained out so don't know what kind of number the car will put down. I'll post up data after he makes a run or goes to the dyno.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned