The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New guy from Mass with a 4G63 Ram 50 and now a GVR4

mitsuturbo

No offense intended to the OP, as they seem to have received this car in progress of conversion already, but...

Am i the only one that thinks converting an already LHD car to RHD here in the USA is completely f***ing retarded?

4g63mightymax

I did receive it this way, and I would have preferred LHD for sure.

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

Quoting mitsuturbo:
No offense intended to the OP, as they seem to have received this car in progress of conversion already, but...

Am i the only one that thinks converting an already LHD car to RHD here in the USA is completely f***ing retarded?

Yes, mitsuturbo, you are the only one. Have seen several nice examples of LHD cars being converted to RHD, just takes lots of time and dedication to get all the parts. Personally, would love to do a mirage to evo 5 or 6 swap someday.

4g63mightymax

So - I now have a fresh title for this thing in my name, and decided to dig a little into it's past.

link Looks like it may have not been on the road since 2002?

Also - Does one of the former owners still have the matching rocker panel covers and 1 rear dogleg for this thing? (Mr. Jordangvr4 probably?) The previous owner tells me that he forgot them in NY when he picked the car up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jeremy

Last edited:

Jordangvr4

^ All rocker panels where giving to Rob when he picked it up, what was left behide was both side skirts Rear right dog leg was missing when I received it.

4g63mightymax

Yeap that's them! I guess I called them the wrong name. The side skirts is what I am looking for!

tektic

Some thing I saw in the starion forums was a front stearing swap from a 240sx (s14). They cut up a starion and 240 subframes an welded together. I haven't looked into it more than that but I thought a 240sx subframe would be a great start for a rwd swap. If I don't buy a gen coupe, a rwd swap into a Gsx will be my next project.

4wheelsqueal

That dogleg was missing when I received it too and I think it was missing whem FCR had it.

4g63mightymax

Can somebody tell me what this grille was originally attached to and what it might be worth? I think I would much rather have a stock VR4 one. Is that weird?

link

4g63mightymax

I tried to open the gas filler door on this car this morning to see if it had a gas cap on it. Unfortunately the keys that I have don't match the lock on the gas filler door. So - any previous owners have the proper key for this thing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GVR47111K

Feel free to ship any unwanted parts to me free of charge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4wheelsqueal

Honestly, never even popped the fuel door open when I owned it.

4g63mightymax

Bummer! I guess I will have to get creative and sneak my way inside. Then I will either shave it or redo the lock to match my key(s). The keys to this are weird - 1 for ignition, 1 for the doors and trunk, and none for the gas door. lol. what a hot mess...

Will - If any parts become so free that I can't handle it anymore - I will let you know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I wouldn't hold your breath though!

GVR47111K

Already turning blue in the face. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4g63mightymax

A lil' update.

I bought a parts car (GVR4 # 1821/2000) and I have slowly but surely been stripping it. Here is what it looks like, plus some notable findings:

CRUSTY # 1821
rusty-GVR4-1821pile_1.jpg

This is just what has fallen off the car during part removal. Nothing else has contributed to this, and the pile is much bigger than you think. Notice the radiator clamp in there. Its also about 4 inches tall.
rusty-GVR4-pile.jpg

This is the block heater that was hacked into the lower radiator hose. This also further confirms my suspicion that this car spent a lot of time in Canada.
rusty-GVR4-1821pile_2.jpg

Here is something I didn't think of - LHD vs RHD Hood latches.
rusty-GVR4-1821pile_3.jpg

transparentdsm

Quoting 4g63mightymax:
Can somebody tell me what this grille was originally attached to and what it might be worth? I think I would much rather have a stock VR4 one. Is that weird?

link

this is an 89-90 ls grill

4g63mightymax

Thank you! Though I actually sold the grille about a month ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I now have two stock chrome vr4 grilles to choose from, which I like a lot better.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned