The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need a bit of help here.

MRmeeTooxD

Hey guys.. really been a while. Anyways,I bought a pro sport coolant temperature guage. And I have a diagram, that gives me color code. Except, I seem to have wired everything an it doesn't read my temp sensor. I checked the sensor with a multi meter at 20k. And from 2.89, It kept counting down as the car cooled down. Any ideas on the real way to wire her up so it works?

GSTwithPSI

I can't be for certain, but the Prosport gauge probably needs its own specialized temperature sender. Not all temp sensors are created equal. The resistance @ specific temperature is different for each sensor pair. You may get the gauge wired into the factory sensor, but I doubt the resistance output from the OEM sensor will transfer over to an accurate reading on the gauge. You will probably have to source a replacement Prosport sensor. Sorry, dude.

rebelboost

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
I can't be for certain, but the Prosport gauge probably needs its own specialized temperature sender. Not all temp sensors are created equal. The resistance @ specific temperature is different for each sensor pair. You may get the gauge wired into the factory sensor, but I doubt the resistance output from the OEM sensor will transfer over to an accurate reading on the gauge. You will probably have to source a replacement Prosport sensor. Sorry, dude.

He is correct. I bought 3 new gauges and sensors from prosport and they have held up great so far.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned