The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My vr4 is back, have a few questions?

After a long awaited year my G-ride is finally running, I just had a few questions to see if i could get answered. My coolant temp. gauge is not working at all, what could be the problem or which sensor is it on the thermostat housing?
Also i replaced the stock radiator fan with and aftermarket one and wired it up exactly like it was, but my radiator fan does not cut on at all what could be the problem there? Thanks fr the help
-neal

SmoothCustomer

Same as with the coolant temp gauge, it's located on the the bottom of the back of the radiator, passengers side. Probably unhooked. Without that neither the temp gauge or the fan will work. You can also buy new ones at an auto parts store if yours is hooked up and not working.

Last edited:

The temperature gauge on the dash has its own sensor, a single-wire sensor at the thermostat housing. The wire is Yellow/Green striped. The wires in that area get VERY brittle. Its probably either loose or you need to splice on a new terminal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned