The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

nasty Xfer case leak... what are all the seals i need to replace

whats good yall i think imma drop the tranny today and check the seals cause i think my main seal is leaking or my transfer case Example) click im not sure the name of all the seals that i need to replace can you help ya boy out... thank you

talon

I'm not 100% sure on the Galants, but DSM's had a dealer recall. I would think that that recall would extend to Galant's, sense they use the same parts.

Check with your local dealer to see if the car has a recall and if so, if it has been done yet.

jepherz

Staff member
Galants had the recall as well, but it has nothing to do with the transfer case itself.

so what did they recall? should i be worried guys? cause i drive with my kids in the car i dont want anything to happen

jepherz

Staff member
They recalled the yolk on the driveshaft. Depends, are you driving it and letting it get low on fluid?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned