The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My roadside exhaust repair

BpuVR4

Was on my way to a very important wedding, and 5min away from the church, and of course 3min from start time, I hear my exhaust get much louder while sitting at a red light. I decide to pull into a parking lot, and hear my exhaust scraping on the ground. Getting under I see the piping right in front of the muffler broke away. Pipe and muffler scraping the ground. Moral of the story...always have some bungees around. Car is loud as hell now but cool spool music. Need to decide what to do about the exhaust, but may try to see if i can just get the Thermal muffler put back on the pipe somehow.

Got there in time to watch the bride walk down the aisle...slightly dirty tie and all.

video

Last edited:

MellowVR4

At least you made it! Showed up extra loud I bet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

BpuVR4

ha i always aim to please. drove past a couple mustangs and they were a bit confused by what they heard haha.

GSX_TC

Haha classic, muffler falls off. I love these cars.

BpuVR4

finally a done deal. had the Thermal muffler welded back on with it tighter to the body and further back so not as ablatant. forgot how good this exhaust sounds, after i readjusted the downpipe. doesn't stink like exhaust in the cabin anymore

before (with my cousin's Z and G)hated how it looked like this

after

Last edited:

strokin4dr

Looks much better! Glad you could salvage it.

matt92vr4

Was it your wedding? I wonder how many grooms have been late due to broken Mitsus. I know I had to leave mine at home when I got married.

BpuVR4

ha! no, just someone close to me. honestly though when this car runs right, nothing else has come close to making me as happy as she does.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned