The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

More noob questions...fpr...afpr...

EgonOlsen

Ok so I got to the next part of my learning experience.
Since I have 850 injectors and a 255 walbro pump I was thinking having adjustable fuel pressure would be a good idea...no?

So I started looking at what I have and got confused.

First, this is the stock FPR right?

Then I looked at the other end of the fuelrail where I would expect the fuel returnline is??
but some modification has been made here and im not sure if its just the SS hoses or something more?

Is this the fuel filter or what is that?

If I want to add an AFPR I would do that at the end where the other regulator is right?
Does the returnline go all the way back to the tank? and if thats the filter, aint it in the wrong end?
and if its not, then what is it?

OMFGeofffff

Yes that is the fuel filter. Everything looks correct. Attach your fuel rail fitting where the stock fpr is then run your new AN line to your new afpr.

citymunky

The 1st pic is the stock fpr.
The 2nd pic is a the fuel rail supply with a AN fitting adapter.
The 3rd pic is your fuel filter with once again AN fittings.

If you you were to add a AFPR it will go on the side of your stock fpr or have a AN adapter to SS hose to AFPR.
Being that you have a bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors and most likely running more boost than stock, I would look into a AFPR to make sure you have the correct fuel pressure.

Last edited:

Egon, the flow through the rail is opposite of how you imagine. The line with the filter is the feed line. The larger of the two hoses attached to the stock FPR is the return line. It does go all the way back to the tank.

EgonOlsen

yeah I kinda got that later, just figured the fpr was on the fuelline and not the returnline, guess I was wrong. :p

It ran SD when I got it, with those injectors and pump.

As we speak im looking into getting Link and getting a 2g MAF on instead.
I dunno if that will have any impact on needing an AFPR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSX_TC

Why do u wanna go from speed density back to maf?

EgonOlsen

Aint it just a different way to tune? 1 that usually need more ajustment than running a MAF?

I still havent read anywhere that you actually gain anything by running SD compared to a 2g/3g maf?

I it was better why would anyon ever consider an evo maf?

Last edited:

GSX_TC

3G and Evo maf are pretty much the same and yes people run them

fuel

to me it looks like the fuel filter is fitted upside down and the flow of fuel will be going the wrong way through it. It should have an arrow on the body of the filter, or 'IN' and/or 'OUT' stamped on the appropriate ends.

just make sure you buy a good quality fp gauge the cheap ones are very inaccurate ask me how I know?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned