The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel pressure gauge

mikus

I'm finding lots of interesting stuff while going over the current ride, so want to doublecheck all the 'baseline' details to make sure it's all good

I've got an Aeromotive AFPR on here and need to doublecheck my base fuel pressure, but really don't need a cluster gauge (IMO) nor want to have one hanging off my AFPR or filter underhood if I can avoid it. What would you guys recommend here, either in approach or hardware?

JSchleim18

If I was you and for what you want to do, buy a fuel pressure gauge that will thread into the front port on the FPR (1/8 NPT). Then check you base fuel pressure, unscrew the gauge, and then plug it back up with the 1/8 NPT plug that comes with the FPR. But if you're going through all that trouble, why not just keep the gauge on there?

boostedinaz

+1

mikus

Quote:
if you're going through all that trouble, why not just keep the gauge on there?

My rationale is:
- I have all poly mounts and the car vibrates like (insert mom joke here) I read about underhood gauges going bad.
- wouldn't mind having it handy for other cars when needed
- 93 octane really helps get schmutz off your hands

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned