The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

more coilovers

Any experience with BC racing? I have read some Evo reviews and people seem to like them. A UK site lists the GalantVR4 specific inverted application here click I am thinking of ordering spring rates 6kg/mm front and 5kg/mm rear. I have gotten a price of 1145 shipped from IMPORT IMAGE RACING click

Last edited:

4thStroke

BC makes decent stuff. I wouldnt hesitate to buy them unless there is another coilover out there that has to offer what you are after (softer, stiffer, ect).

Sr71sss

Hey ward try out the hotbits coilovers that larry parker sells on the board as I got a ride in friends car that is using the STD single adj setup and was impressed by the ride quality at full soft mind u the car was very low to the ground and was very very streetable in my opinion comparing to GC coilovers these are way betterat handling street duties

Last edited:

Olson

Thanks conrad.
Yes i have hotbits you do pay a bit more for these but you deff get your moneys worth on them. I've done one track day with them full soft lol and i was very impressed with em, I also DD the car and its not bad at all.

dsmguy3

I have some BC racing on my 97 eclipse GS-T. The only thing I regret is not getting adjustable camber, but other than that I love it. It is mostly a DD but I can harden up the suspension and it handles pretty well.

Olson - How much were the Hotbits coilovers? I'm looking for something that is good for both track and street.

Thanks for the replies. Hotbits are a proven quality part not doubt about that. The part that I like about the BC coilover is that you can specify the spring rates you want with no extra charge and they say they set up the damping to your spring rates. I have searched online and see mostly positive statements about them. Many people with evos rated them more comfortable them the stock springs with Bilstein shocks.

Olson

to mid and 467
1 i bought the HotBIts from Larry Parker for ... sh*t i want to say 1900 or somthing like either low 2 or low 1k im not sure.
MY hot bits are the street single 35 way adjustable, custom valved and spring by Larry.
I called Larry up and told him with i had exp with, Larry sat me down (via phone) and told me what he could do and what spring rates he was going to give me and he was going to valve them to the spring rates that are on the struts. Thats all included in the package that you buy, You also have the option to go with his camber plates (witch i did) that will get you up to 3 degrees of camber up front.
I've had the HotBit for .. about 3 years now. I haven't had to rebuild them at all i have been DDing them every day on the lowest setting. Ive driven from CA to NE with them in the car w/ lol no ac or cruise lol.
Coming from a light weight 99 Impreza RS25 with koni inserts GC sleeves w/ 300F 200R swapped to 200F 300R. I thought this car handled great i was able to get power on over steer with the car thought it was the most balanced car ive ever driven till i got the hotbits. The car DDs great tracks awesome and over all im way way happy with the single best investment on the car.
Also i run stock sways.
If you want goo suspension that handles a lot of duty's don't go cheap.
If you want pics i can get those on request

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned