The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mofugas Car IS Back In Action!!!! 11-23-08

464/2K

i thought white lines were grey??

lunchbox

Bwahahaha that subframe was sitting in my barn foundation for 2 years with all my other subframes. It came from my 91 GVR4 that I parted out. The rear diff was sold to a guy in California.

I gave it to Rob so he could move that car.

Quote:
i thought white lines were grey??

On,the older parts they made (like the sway bar on my car)they are light blue in color. If you look really close at the picture it also says Selbys (old name too I believe)on there and the text below that reads "my bar stays harder longer".

Daryl

464/2K

ha nice. wait a tick, my brother had some springs from them and come to think about it they were light blue too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

kcpaz

it looks like even your "nicer" sub-frame has some rust issues. You know a brand new DSM sub-frame is pretty cheap considering how big it is, and what it does. pPlus it comes with new bushings.

kcpaz

I would have to dig out my receipt, but I wanna say somewhere around $250

Last edited:

^^^ He's talking about the subframe.

I just priced one out as well. It's around $250 as mentioned.

~Mark

Boostin21

yeah i noticed the surface rust bubbles, i might sand them and respray, or put a protectant on there.

Boostin21

decided to say screw it and am just going to strip. splice the wires on the old wiring harness fix it be done with it, i get all the connectors and wires for free from work.

would it be a good idea to run thicker wire for the grounds? is it possible?
thanks

Boostin21

NEW HEART OF THE MOFUGAS CAR!!

Fixed the Engine Harness.

it would really help if someone could post an empty engine bay pics with just the harness installed, and some pics of an empty interior with the chassis harness installed. my diagrams are really sucking.

Boostin21

well since i enjoy talking to myself. i laid out the engine harness and the way that the DSM CD Manual has it laid out is from passenger fender through fender to ECU, wraps down in front under the headlights and grille. across to the driver side where it goes through the fender back into the engine bay and into the firewall.

but to me the harness is not long enough to do this, the junction/fuse box is on the passenger side but that can only be bolted in place IF the harness stays inside the engine bay. i really really need some help here. pics would be sweet. i just cant do wiring!

as detailed of pics would be awesome. there are also 2 little circle plugs that are green and about 1 foot from the ECU plugs. i dont know what they are.

also, where exactly should i start as far as laying out the chassis harness? front to back or back to front.
anything i should connect in the engine bay or chassis, like headlights? i dont know... please someone help me.

cullen

cheekychimp

Cullen,

If I remember correctly standing at the front of the car looking into the engine bay ...

The harness comes through the firewall on your passenger side up under the wheel arch area to the fuse box and then as you stated from the fuse box to the passenger head light and along under the grille to the drivers side and the headlight there ... BUT I don't recall it going back into the drivers side from there.

I believe another part of the harness comes through the firewall nearer the ECU location for the engine, CAS, ignition, sensors etc ... maybe ABS

Are you trying to take the whole harness around the same route?

Paul.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I'll try to get a pic or two for you. I have a car with the engine out right now. Might not be for a few days though.

Boostin21

Quote:
Cullen,

If I remember correctly standing at the front of the car looking into the engine bay ...

The harness comes through the firewall on your passenger side up under the wheel arch area to the fuse box and then as you stated from the fuse box to the passenger head light and along under the grille to the drivers side and the headlight there ... BUT I don't recall it going back into the drivers side from there.

I believe another part of the harness comes through the firewall nearer the ECU location for the engine, CAS, ignition, sensors etc ... maybe ABS

Are you trying to take the whole harness around the same route?

Paul.

if i can copy a picture from my CD manual, i will show you. it shows it as going up the driver side into the fender back to the engine bay into the firewall. and out again.
my big problem is that the harness doesnt even reach the other side of the engine bay!

and i will be getting you your prices tomorrow.

and ICEMAN, pics would be awesome!

thanks fellas

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Entry point into engine compartment, under cruise canister:

Harness routing behind resistor block:

General harness layout:

Boostin21

ok... man that just got me lost... HUH! i really appreciate the pics i'll see what i can do with this.
alright well my harness enters not under the cruise canister it enters in the fenderwall. i am more confused. OMG!!!
heres another problem... with the ecu plugs fed through the fenderwall, and out into the engine bay. i wrapped it around (partially) and bolted down the fuse block. there are 2 hole under the wiper motor what gets fed through there?
ok let me ask you this. i have received 2 harness' one long harness (chassis harness) and another that has the fuse block on the passenger side (engine harness) is there another? i am so confused because where the injector plugs are i dont have the black plastic piece. if someone around here could help me for some $$ i would be more than grateful, wiring just isnt my cup of tea.

would you be able to get me pics of the driver side where and how its routed...

lunchbox

Looks like someone got more than he bargained for!

The chassis harness (runs lights, ABS,and whatnot) runs through the drivers side inner fenderwell.

The engine harness (runs the engine/ECU) runs into the engine bay on the passenger side. ECU goes in the passenger side ahead of the door, in the kick panel.

All that wiring is from a 1991 Galant VR4, one I parted out about 2 years ago with pretty bad front end damage.

chucklesas

Don't know if this will help or not, but:

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned