The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mofugas Car IS Back In Action!!!! 11-23-08

CO VR4

Measure the rear disks. I'm willing to bet that they are NOT the same as what you're thinking. I think that those brakes came from a late model 3000 GT AWD VR4 and are bigger all around.

Why are you screwing with the (rear) brakes anyway? It took a lot of time and effort to get those custom built. Same with the suspension there. If you wanted a stock VR4, you're going to a lot of trouble to demodify a well thought out custom system to do so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Boostin21

ehhh, i am not demodifying anything... this car will be sporting a FP Red and will be far from anything this was. i dont want anything stock, I CANT AFFORD 17" WHEELS TO FIT 3000GT VR4 BRAKES! thats the only reason why i am returning to stock, the suspension is the same DMS. the brakes are the only thing changing. that and the fact that the car WILL be running.
i'mm sorry but i received the car with a fuel cell hole in it, i am fixing that. the cage is being modified and painted black. all power is returning also. the car will be a freak, yet close to original.

and arnie might be right the 2g gsx brakes were pretty big, but i think he is referring to the n/a 3000gt.

ARNIE-- i found a 18 circuit PAINLESS kit that will be ordered soon. but will it require me cutting up the stock harness and installing them on the PAINLESS?

Boostin21

NEW TURBO!!!

The new snail is in, i just picked up am FP Red and FP o2 housing for 40mm wastegate, the compressor housing is jet hot coated black.

Boostin21

suspension mock up with zero weight in the car should i jack the car up? or leave it on the ground?

Last edited:

Boostin21

i'll keep talking to myself, i do it all day anyways...

PAINLESS is in, just need to cut the old harness up and use the connectors, i will post pics when i get the old harness out. but its not like it matters only i read this thread anyways.

I read it, Pat on head, Now get back to making that car kick ass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh, & I like the suspension lower. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

^^^^^^ me too. mine is about a half inch from the fender well and it looks low but not slammed

JB

looking good man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Larry Parker

I see DMS...

JB

Me too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

They are DMS. I used to own them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just mounted not run they are like $3k + for them new.

Boostin21

thanks for the kind words fellas, that really makes me feel better, and helps motivate me.
today i engage in more struggles with the PAINLESS, we are using a SAFC install book to identify some wires. but that wont quite cut it.
thanks,
cullen

Boostin21

ahhh forget this PAINLESS crap, i am just going to run the stock harness, cut out all the ABS, ECS, 4WS and HVAC wires. remove the first grounding bracket for the chassis harness and ground it somewhere else. this PAINLESS is way too difficult for me.
still looking for a built tranny.

Last edited:

Boostin21

been a while!

so heres an update, and trust me i am getting excited!!

alright so as i said the stock harness was going to go back in. well, consider it done. i just have to mount it to the driver side under the dash, and a few grounds, wire the trunk lid and she is done!
and to whoever did the cage, please dont do another one, from what my buddy and i can tell it sits off center? the pass. side rear and driver front sit closer to the door handles than the driver rear and pass. front. can't open the driver door or passenger rear door!?!?
cage is cut, no more front cross bar or T sections/door bars so now i dont have to dukes of hazard my ass into the car everytime i want to get in. it is also rattle canned flat black and looks UBER sexy.
carpet, yes carpet is in! center consol and dash are in.
i just need galant pedal assemblies brake booster and new masters, run the lines and mount the brakes!
as far as the motor, tomorrow i am cleaning a cyclone intake manifold, and will be running that, cutting down the steps that are on it that are between sections. i need to get a front cover, kevlar timing belt and cams.
STILL NEED A TRANNY THOUGH!

but yeah the car is coming along great, and i vow i will never buy a car that didnt have a dash in it when the cage was built and installed.

cullen

JB

get this thing done already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep us posted.

Boostin21

alright well here are a few pics of the dyed interior...

i purchased a built tranny finally! fidanza flywheel on the way, RRE wheel spacers and SS brake lines on the way, autometer gauges. DSMLink should be purchased this week also.
i took out a loan to finish the car so, imagine all parts to be here next week and then i will send out my turbo!

also checked for cyclone intake manifold gaskets... jnztuning.com doesnt carry them anymore. Mitsu discontinued them. so, i will be making my own, perhaps making a stencil to help anyone who may need gaskets.

coming along guys!

Last edited:

that dyed interior really makes it look a thousand times better

nice work so far!

Boostin21

so heres the dilly yo!

my buddy has my rear subassembly and is fabbing up some caliper brackets, i should have it back very soon.
ALL BRAKE LINES ARE DONE
ALL FUEL LINES ARE READY TO BE MOUNTED (thanks austin)

and...

and they heard a roar from the gallery... AHHHHHHHHHHH!

so yeah, shes getting there. not in time for the shootout like i planned but it will be done soon! DSMLink is here, The RED is waiting for payment at FP.
I still need a tranny dammit!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned