The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Markings on Transmission? Is it built? by who?

jmelocik

So I purchased a transmission as part of a package deal of parts for my GVR4. I'm told by the previous owner that it shifted great, had no grinds, and was buttery smooth. I get home and take a look at it and it appears to have been rebuilt at least once and has the letters "AJAD" on the case. It appears to have been stamped in the case much later in the transmissions life. Does anyone have any idea who may have "built" this trans? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Josh

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Show us. My TRE has a serial number and other info stamped in the case.

jmelocik

P1080902.jpg

Here are the marks in question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

Turbo4door1

I know the history of his VR4 well and knew of some of the parts he got with the car when purchased.

Turns out, that isn't the trans I thought it was. I have no idea what that particular stamping means - or the history of that trans.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned