The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

low profile tires

do they make low profile all season tires? and are they any good? what should i do about buying new tires when its early fall coming into winter?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Just go to tirerack.com and look to see what sizes are available.
The ideal way is to have two sets of rims/tires, one for summer and one for the winter. Some people can't afford two different setups, don't have the space to store another set or don't want to bother with switching back and forth so they go with all season tires as a compromise. All seasons are not as good as a dedicated snow tire but if you get a decent all season tire combined with the awd you should be ok.

What size are you looking to get?

496of2000

I bought a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position. They rate #2 on tirerack. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus are rated #1.

Hertz

Staff member
You live in Colorado... get real snow tires! With low profile tires don't you think you'll get snow in the rims?

JNR

what do you consider 'low profile'? Used to be 50 series and 16's were that and now they make 30's; crazy.

2of9

Quoting Hertz:
You live in Colorado... get real snow tires! With low profile tires don't you think you'll get snow in the rims?

x2. get real snow tires. It gets pretty bad here in Minnesota. the lowest you should go is probably a 50 or 55 series.

i do have my stock galant wheels, i was was just wonder what i should do. Im gonna try to come up with the money to have a summer set with the nice wheels and snow tire set with the stock wheels. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned