The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

low independence injectors

gvr4144

How many of you guys are running low independence injectors? Or have a reason to not delete the resistor and run highs.

prove_it

You got that backwards. Mostly everyone is running low impedance. High impedance is the pencil type that allows the resistor box to be deleted.

Not running now, but if I need more than 1600ccs I will. The decision is mostly about idle quality. High impedance injectors see more current and can cycle quicker at low flow rates. This helps a lot since our ecms (stock) have very slow injector drivers. Most of the ethanol users are going to high impedance to help with the idle issues with E85 and huge injectors.

Is it a huge difference? Not really, FIC claims the 2000+ injectors have a nearly stock
idle quality, but it really comes down to the tune.

Other than that, high impedance means a resistor box delete, which cleans up the engine bay. If you put low impedance back in and forget the box, then you'll fry your injector drivers as the current is too much.

Last edited:

Yao

I am running hi-z injectors from FIC. I like the idle quality when it does run :p plus it gets rid of engine clutter, just a little bit.

gvr4144

Sorry for my poor communication... I was just wondering if there was a reason not to delete resistor and not to run highs. But you cleared alot up for me prove it. Thanks!

prove_it

No problem. That's why I'm here.

slugsgomoo

if you live in california and can't run ONLY e85 most of the high-z injectors aren't for you, since they're not MTBE compatible, for what that's worth.

slugsgomoo

from FIC:

Quote:
CAUTION! The internal construction of this 2150cc/min injector includes a seal that has been found to swell when in contact with MTBE from oxygenated fuels like Q16 or VP Import. This swelling causes a significant reduction in flow through the injector and therefore renders it unsuitable for use with MTBE oxygenated fuels.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts