The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Running Lean Suspecting Bad Mass Airflow Sensor

jackal

I am running lean with stock injectors and ECU. Did a boost leak check and sealed up the leaks but low fuel trim still showed lean. The MAF was showing 25Hz to 31Hz at idle. Seemed a little low and cleaning it didn't help. I also noticed that sometimes it would go to 0Hz while it was idling but hasn't done it recently. I tried unplugging the MAF sensor and the throttle response improved with no knocking and I confirmed it was running rich so I don't suspect the injectors. I also checked the fuel pressure and it was to spec. I am going to do another boost leak test soon. Should I continue to suspect a bad MAF sensor?

Also, is it possible to use a 2G Mass Airflow Sensor with stock ECU and Injectors without using an Air Fuel Controller?

BPU925

I would try a new maf and see wat happens....u should be able to run that 2g mas with wat u got....2g mas normally leans u out a bit

toybreaker

iconoclast
Jackal,

Shoot me a pm with your phone number.

I have a known good vr-4 factory maf (and/or a 2g unit) that you can borrow for testing purposes.

John

Last edited:

Diego

where in Colorado are you... if close to Greeley i can bring my 2g Mas for you to check and see if its the problem.

jackal

Thanks for the offer. I am in North Denver. Not that close to Greeley.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned