The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lots of issues?

I recently had to put a new bottom end in my car. Had bad compression. So I got old out and the new in. The block was not brand new. Was out of friends car he had just bought and odometer said 150,000 but could see fresh machine work and pistons were clean. Anyways got itall running and drive it home. I had to dive to work about an hour later which is 200 miles away. I got about 30 miles out of town and lost boost. pulled over and found out my wastegate actuator? Came off the manifold I had no choice but to leave itoff because I had no tools or time to fix it. A few days later I fixed it and was driving as soon as fixing it and smelt oil. This was right after boosting then letting off gas. Next time I looked behind me and just saw a ton of white smoke. Could have been blue but windows are to tinted to tell. Itool it to a shop and they told me my turbo deal was bad. So I found a evo3 big16g and swapped it on there. Didn't smoke at first but now it does. I know my headgasket is good I changed it when doing swap. There is no antifreeze in oil and I'm not loosing antifreeze. But I am loosing oil like crazy. If my last turbo was bad would there be shaft play? Im concerned because this is my only vehicle to and from work. It would be best if someone could tell me what to look for. Im not on here much do to no computer while I am at work for the week. So here is my number 307-679-1919

Could the intercooler have filled with oil after I blew the stock turbo? Because im not losing any oil.

Chad989of2000

Quoting TrikkyTrev:
There is no antifreeze in oil and I'm not loosing antifreeze. But I am loosing oil like crazy.

Ummmm???? So are you still losing oil or not? I had a seal go bad on a turbo and yeah it put some oil into the exhaust system, which of course lead to a good amount of smoking for a short length of time. If you're not losing oil, do some good pulls and put some mileage on it and that excess oil smoke should go right away.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned