The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New VR-4 Owner

Pano

Hey guys my names Pano and I just bought my vr-4 the other day number 34/2000. It has a good amount of work done to her already and I cannot wait to get plates on her to let her rip! I hope to learn alot from all of you vr veterans! When I figure out how to post pics i will do so =)

bobdole

Welcome to the org. Post some pictures when you can.

EHmotorsports

Welcome to the .org! Just make sure to read the rules and guidelines and have fun. Almost everyone here has no problem with helping as long as you have tried to search a little before asking. Also some advice if you want to navigate the search function here.
Go to google and type in your question then type in gvr4. Most of the time if it's already been covered here it will pop up on google.

prove_it

The sites search can be tricky. I have faster easier luck using google with the site:galantvr4.org function.

Welcome! And congrats on buying a car that you will love and hate all the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You'll find lots of helpful folks here that have years of experience.

Pano

Thanks fellas! I will do my best to search before asking questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Pano

Ok so this prob is a dumb question but it'll be my only one bc I tried searching and couldn't find it. Previous owner told me it was production number 34. How can I confirm that ? Supposedly there is a plate but I can't see anything.

gvr4144

He probably removed the badge they're on the center of the dash and the came with matching key fob. Luckily my previous owner had the the key fob too.

prove_it

If it was removed there is no way to know what number it was. The badges were put on at random and the number doesn't correspond with the VIN.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If I got the info before the badge was removed, I may have it. PM me the VIN.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Away from home, so will check the list when I get back. Stay tuned.

tigerspeed35

Yea it was that same one.... I really hope that guy(onesickcrx) did not know if it's issues and on top of that was asking double what he bought the car from this community....https://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Board=UBB2&Number=1205831&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Pano&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1205718&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1205831

Quoting tigerspeed35:
Yea it was that same one.... I really hope that guy(onesickcrx) did not know if it's issues and on top of that was asking double what he bought the car from this community....https://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Board=UBB2&Number=1205831&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Pano&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1205718&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1205831

That's crazy. I went down to see it the day before you picked it up, and pulled cash out to pay for it/had a trailer lined up and everything, called the guy and he said he had someone there with a uhaul trailer picking it up (you) lol. Ah well, that's life I guess. Hope you get everything sorted out with the tranny. It seemed like a great car. I ended up buying a stock one from new jersey about a week later i'm gradually restoring and eventually modding.

Ah well, good luck with everything man. Hope it all works out for you.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned