The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Line size opinions

Terrance362

Well I am curious about what size line I should run for fuel, -8an or -10an. The car is for drag so I want to get as much fuel as possible but I don't want to overdue it.

Terrance362

Setup: 2.0 stock stroke, Wiseco piston 1400HD .030 over, Howard(Ma performance)Rods, Jay racing main caps, Kiggly girdle, Arp main studs, H11 head studs, ferrea valves, kiggly springs, have not gotten cams but kelford tx294hl, t4 manifold twin 38mm waste gates, s480 turbo t4 hot side 1.10ar still saving for it, liquid to air setup. The car is also being converted to Auto. As far as the auto swap I have the kiggly sfi flex plate and avid billet motor mounts for an auto car. Suspension is still kinda up in the air. As far as fuel I am gonna run 1600cc injectors and a A1000 prob I have not decided on the pump yet.

I want to make 800 and up

LIV4PSI

It doesn't sound like -10 would be overkill to me, that is alot of HP.

Terrance362

Thanks! Thats all I need to hear, I will go with -10an then. From fuel cell to rail and pump.

Thanks for the input guys, any other opinions will be appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JNR

1/2" (-08) flows A LOT of fuel, fwiw and not sure if 5/8" (-10) is too large...guess it depends on the pump and its ability to push that sort of volume into such a large space effeciently...To me it's too large unless we're talking a 1200 hp engine or something, and even then (lots of people use only 3/8" for say 800+ hp).

Terrance362

Well when you put it like that -10 sounds like it just might be too big. I am going to look at some pumps right now and I will keep you guys posted on the ones I pick

JNR

Yeah, definitely do some research and especially with consideration with the actual pump and what pressure you'll be running + the return line is part of that system. Fwiw, all pumps, regardless of application, have recommended line sizes and whatnot that they are designed to run at and increasing (or decreasing) it does affect its performance/efficiency, etc...Don't need to get into all the details of it, but there are a lot of guidelines floating around and look for the 'non-internet' information, as that will be tried and true vs. hearsay...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned