The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Line Upgrade Question

CarRacer

I'm rebuilding my car and while it's down I'd like to address the fuel line and tank assembly.

My car is from the Midwest so rust is an issue. I have a 255 sitting on the shelf, but I don't think I can put it in. The hard line to rubber connection has RTV from the PO. I'm assuming that it won't be repairable. I'm going to run SS lines up to the stock filter to simplify things.

My question is what size to run. The car will stay as a 14b DD. I'd like to leave the option of E85 open. My searches all came up with info pertaining to large turbo setups and E85.

I already have a -6 line from filter to rail. I'd like to retain that setup and the stock filter. Will -6 supply enough E85 for a 14B?

Thanks for your input.

bigblock4g63

yes that is fine. i have made over 520hp to the floor without any issues. but i do think that is the limit

gtluke

-6 is enough.
I had 5/16 line in my mustang (would be -5 if such a thing existed) and made over 500 to the wheels on pump.
You'll outflow the 255 before the -6 line.

slugsgomoo

i'm pretty sure that the stock filter is more of a bottleneck than the stock tank-filter hard line, but I can't remember (been a while since I researched it).

belize1334

Yeah, I think if I were going -6 from tank to rail I'd just bite the bullet and put an Aeromotive filter inline too and be done with it.

onesickcrx

Agreed why not just add a -6an filter then -6an line to the rail and rail with -6an to regulator. I am pretty sure for a 14b you will not run out of fuel even with e85 depending on injectors.

bigblock4g63

Quoting belize1334:
Yeah, I think if I were going -6 from tank to rail I'd just bite the bullet and put an Aeromotive filter inline too and be done with it.

you can buy this one from all star. it cheaper then aeromotive and you dont have to but the fitting.
i have ran both for years with out a problem
IMG_0880.jpg

and here is a pic of the aeromotive with my old morales racing sump tank kit
IMG_0366.jpg

Brianawd

If your stock fuel line from the tank to the filter is good then just keep it. I ran a stock line on e85 for a good year and a half. Was able to trap 128mph with one 255hp on a rewire.

CarRacer

I agree Brian.

My inspection of the line and sending unit leads me to believe I'll have to R&R it. It'll be a better solution in the long run though.

An aftermarket fuel filter wouldn't be a bad idea either. It probably won't cost much more than two adapter fittings for the stock filter.

Anyone have pictures of their sending unit with the AN bulkhead fitting? How does the pump connect to that fitting?

bigblock4g63

not a vr4 but you get the idea
click

91GSR

i just got my -6AN fuel feeder line and fuellab filter in the mail. figured i might as well change it out since the old line had been cut. in the end im going to do the rest of the fuel line as well. mostly because this car is retarded old and i really dont trust the lines. also because of the "cool" factor. i know that sounds kinda rice but once im done i want all my lines (brakes/clutch/fuel/everything) to be braided lines. just gives me a little comfort in knowing that the lines are good.

Brianawd

If your stock line is shot then a really easy fuel line set up is Pushlock. I did my whole system in -8 from the take to the rail.

4orced4door

I referred to this article when I replaced my lines with -6 from the tank to the rail. The stock filter needs to go.

click

91GSR

thats what i refer to as well. vfaq FTW

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned