The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

lc1 install

jnava

Staff member
I hooked it up and did the free air calibration and installed the analog g4 gauge. I haven't soldered the brown wire into the ecu yet since I need to verify pin 4 is the correct one. The how to section links are gone and I'm hoping that the information given is correct. GVR4 ecus are the same as the 1g dms ecus? If so, then pin 4 is a go.

jnava

Staff member
Another question, what is the best tool to convert a db9 to usb. My laptop doesn't have a serial line and I hope to use the software to adjust the voltage on the yellow wire.

prove_it

ECMlink Recommendation page

I would read through this. All you need to know about the conversion connectors.

Also look through their site for your wiring needs.

GSTwithPSI

I just installed my LC-1, and used pin 15 for the input to the ECU. Reason being, if you use pin 4, your will loose the factory O2 and will have to simulate the narrowband with the LC-1. This isn't a bad thing, but personally I'd keep the factory O2 for error checking if you aren't going to be utilizing all the inputs. I would use pins 15 or 16. If using pin 15, you will likely have to insert a pin since the EGR curcuit isn't present in most VR4s.

click

click

raptorWagon

Quoting prove_it:
ECMlink Recommendation page

I would read through this. All you need to know about the conversion connectors.

Also look through their site for your wiring needs.

Keyspan is the best! In my experience with the cheap ones as well, they don't work for sh*t, I was just looking for something cheap so I didn't have to keep switching my keyspan from one car to the next.

jnava

Staff member
Looked at the ecu and soldered in pin #4. Changed ecmlink pin assignment and added to captured values and it's working great. I'm doing narrow band sim. Thanks for the right directions, the links provided by some of you help out. Thanks and I will have to get a keyspan to change the lc1's yellow analog output so the gauge can work.

prove_it

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
. If using pin 15, you will likely have to insert a pin since the EGR curcuit isn't present in most VR4s.

There should be a pin present as well as the wiring to the engine bay. There is a wide connector taped back near the washer bottle that is for the egr. I used it to wire up my BOV control through ecmlinks egr output.

Pretty sure the wiring is all there even on the federal cars.

prove_it

I thought the EGR temp sensor is pin 15 and the egr solenoid is pin 53. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned