The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ECU Wiring Question & Wideband Install Question

ShaggyTE

Hello,

I'm cleaning up some wiring on my car and now I'm to the ECU and have a few newb questions. From a previous owner the car has ECMLink V3, and Innovate LC-2 wideband and that is the wiring I'm looking at. I have read up on ECMLink, and just need some further clarification.

Blue wire that is connected to the white in this picture is the "Brown wire" from the wideband. So that seems to line up with the install instructions on ECMLinks website if you are wiring it into pin 4, the factory o2 sensor location. My question here is, wouldn't you replace the white wire from the factory o2 instead of connecting them both? And then simulate the narrowband with link? Or do I not understand the installation correctly. The car does still have the factory 02 sensor in the stock location, and then the wideband is downstream. If I want to continue to run both o2 sensors, shouldn't I hook the wideband's brown wire up to pin 15 (EGR)?

On this second picture you can see there is a green with white stripe wire soldered to the factory white o2 wire. I'm not sure what is going on here. On the Pinout cheat sheet the only two that are green and white is the Resistor (MAF) and TPS sensor. This was done by someone right? I haven't had to mess with the wiring before so I've never looked at a stock one. The car is running speed density, but it is connected using their cable to the stock mas connector. Not sure if that would matter, just trying to provide as much information as I can.

Last one, this can be seen in this picture (and the one above). The 2 black wires that are connected, one is solid black and is in the brown tube with the solid white wire, and the other is black with red lines. Do I want them connected? They are now.

I could be wrong on what wire is what so any help is greatly appreciated!! I can also take more pictures if needed for clarification. Thanks guys!

manikbastrd

you can wire a few things into different positions on the ECU. I wired my Wideband into the EGR port. As far as hooking up both wideband and factory narrowband into the same position that doesn't make any sense to me. It is a voltage sensing circuit, so you don't want multiple voltage inputs to the ECU. That will cause your ECU to think you have the wrong A/F ratio.

ShaggyTE

Yeah, having two into the same port didn't make any sense to me either. Any ideas on the other wires? I don't get why the green/white wire would be connected either. I'll plan to connect the stock o2 back into #4 and hook up the wideband to #15. Just not sure if I should mess with the other wires or not.

Thanks!
Tanner

ShaggyTE

Just an update if anyone else was reading this.

Green wire was doing nothing, just ran up into the harness and ended, must have been something else from a previous install. White wire was the front o2, multimeter proved that. Black with stripes is a ground wire. Went to a junkyard and got some ecu pins and wideband is now hooked up to #15 and working in ecmlink.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned