The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

keep or scrap 91 Galant vr4......1609/2000

Newbie here. Hate to see good sheet metal get scrapped. This car is going to end up crushed. It's white with black leather int. Motor has been partially dissambled. I think it had head issues, as there are two spares in the car. The turbo is missing, but intake, huge K&N filter, aftermarket large intercooler, new lowering springs, adjustable shocks, new stainless exhaust(cat back), stainless downpipe, excellent interior, VR4 badging, excellent glass, ect. ect. I'll send pic's of any part to anyone who needs something.Randy at [email protected]
I don't know how much need or interest is out there for this car, drive a 91 240sx hatch with an RB20 DET. This car was brought here on a bros towtruck. Speak now . or forever hold your peace.

broxma

Does it have rot or something? Sounds like a nearly complete car. Have any pictures of it you could post before you let the masses vote on a false dichotomy? There is always a third option.

/brox

thecman02

Man.... posts like these have to be a joke.

Show pictures of what the frame looks like. Get pictures. Someone on this site might buy/save it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

These shouldn't be crushed like a run of the mill 240 or DSM or Honda just because they aren't running.

SmoothCustomer

Keep in mind that he is in Canada, so not only does it not have the potential rarity (I don't know much about that) but even if you wanted to save the shell there might be some issues with importation. To help the decision about if it should be parted, does it have manual belts and what about the under dash and glovebox?

DR1665

Another vote for pictures and part out. Good shells are getting hard to find.

Diego

^ what they say.

Part that sucker out... it would yeild more in the end then what a scrap yard will offer for the metal on it. Would you rather scape off with 70~100 or 400~800?

You truthfully know what your want to do with it. So do it.

look in the User list section on this web site. The previous owner was a member. Username was 1609GVR4. Hed listed parts on the car, and posted photos.

No joke. See user list. Username of last owner was 1609GVR4. He posted pics and listed the parts. I'd have to get under it for chasis pics, but the paint and body are in excellent shape. Car must have been imported from the US, as they were not sold new here.

See the User List on this site. Last owner/member username was 1609GVR4, He posted pics and list of equipment.Car has auto seat belts, unsure about glove box. Where do I look for the ECM/ECU in the car?

mitsuturbo

I may be able to buy and save it for more than a scrapper would give you. You'd have to bring it to Blaine, at least though, because i'm probably not allowed into Canada. We may be able to work something out. I'm going to look up the PO now and see what the deal is.

edit: is there a title issue with the car?

Last edited:

Newbies can't post in the Cars/Parts for sale, and it being a US imported car, mostly US people would need parts. Now we need to see if supply and availability means someone is willing to pay shipping.If I can't find part buyers here or on Ebay, the beast gets scrapped. Put the word out to other members, I left messages on Parts Wanted forum, no one replied.

Blaine is close enough alrighty. Have a tow truck standing by, but I think you would have to import it it for parts only, and haul over the border yourself.Don't know for sure, I have only brought up used parts from Portland swap meet, and sold back to the US a 1965 Impala SS 396 from Nevada, to buyer in South Dakota, but I drove it down to Seattle.Check with your Customs people for answers.There is no title , was to be scrapped.

HHIVR4

If it was imported to Canada from the US it shouldnt be very difficult to bring it back to the US since it already has dmv history here.

SmoothCustomer

No title? No thanks. If you were in Ontario I might take a chance on getting it for parts but I don't need them and wouldn't want to deal with the hassle.

mitsuturbo

Quoting HHIVR4:
If it was imported to Canada from the US it shouldnt be very difficult to bring it back to the US since it already has dmv history here.

This is true, but no title = bad mojo.
Nobody wants that kind of headache.

Where did the car come from? Is there a possibility a title could be obtained?
Why would a car in decent condition just be sent to the shredder?

AWDnoobie

How fast you need to get rid of it? Im out in Alberta, but i just dont have room for it right now. Maybe we could work some thing out, if your willing to hold onto it for a few months at least.

curtis

maybe apply for lost title here in the states. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif either way don't scrap it the stock VR4 toys are getting hard to find.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned