The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Heavily modified 91 Galant VR4...$5500 Mass

hosmer

I just dont have the time...3 week old baby, new house, wife, ect

Someone save this before I part it out

$5500 gets you EVERYTHING I have for a Galant...there is so much more invested its sick, but I just want to clean the garage out and focus on some other stuff for the time being

that being said:

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
1446/2000
nile black
sunroof car
black leather interior
5 speed
OEM Thule roof rack

New timing belt (with all associated hardware/pulleys), new water pump, and the front brakes are new
Re-did the ENTIRE ECU cannon plug area, there was an SAFC hacked in there so I re-did everything (the right way) and left the SAFC out as I *was* planning on going DSMlink

mods:
5 lug swap
3000GT VR4 front brake swap
JDM Galant RS engine swap
FP race manifold (2 miles)
Sleeper 20g (2 miles)
Stainless o2 housing w/external dump (2 miles)
ETS FMIC kit w/stainless j-pipe and upper ic pipe
Greddy Type-S BOV (VTA)
Forced Performance 4" intake w/out recirc
2g DSM MAF conversion
Denso 550's
HKS cam gears
relocated battery
Marshal FPR
225 fuel pump
3" turbo back exhaust
Autometer boost gauge
KYB struts w/Whiteline springs
AFCO camber kit
EVO MR BBS wheels (1 tire needs replacing)
One of those brass MBC's that another member on here makes (sorry, I forget his name)
Aluminum 1/2 radiator w/slim fan
Unorthodox Racing crank pulley

Keydiver chipped ECU with the following map:
8k rev limit
no fuel cut
octane value reset
knock sum using the OEM boost gauge in the cluster
check engine shift light
2 step stutter box
Injector and fuel pressure compensation
Deadtime compensation
2g DSM MAF compensation
idle speed adjustment
enhanced closed loop

Deleted stuff:
all wheel steering
FIAV
ISC
ABS

Extra/uninstalled parts:
EVO 8 Blue/black Recaros
Tein coilovers w/front camber plates
Delrin shifter bushings
Apexi SAFC
Jumptronix o2/voltage meter
Apexi (or Greddy) turbo timer
Spare 3" downpipe w/seconday 02 bung welded in (was going to install a wideband)
One of those "VR4" engraved din gauge pods
2 more sets of wheels (1g 16" Talon wheels/tires and a set of 17" Sport Edition somethings(?) that clear the 3kgt brakes)
The OEM RS Big 16g with the manifold and o2 housing still on it (turbo is 100% good, no shaft play/smoke)
Spare headlights
All the A/C stuff I took out
whatever else is out there (I'm sure theres more)

I have driven the car up and down the street since the 20g install...cars pulls very hard

Issues:
idle searches (600-900ish)
rad fan isnt coming on like it should..definitely works, I think the old temp sensor I used is junk
only has the drivers seat currently installed (waiting on the Delrin shifter bushings to come in..other seats and center console are out)

I strongly urge anyone local to come see/drive the car, its so close to being finished and I wish I could do it but I just dont have the time

The car is in one piece, I just havent taken any pics but this should give you an idea

Ii comes with the OEM steering wheel...although I will give the new owner the NRG hub (That steering wheel has been in about 12 of my cars, I cant let it go its just too sentimental)

100_0570.jpg

100_0571.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture016.jpg

100_0501.jpg

Older pics (has a new front bumper w/the grille intact)
galant1.jpg

galant2.jpg

galant4.jpg

galant3.jpg

RACER-X

how does that little mini rad. do on daily commutes, like stop light (sit there for 2 lights) traffic? Do you have all the interior pieces to be put back in the car?

hosmer

I've never used the car as a daily driver...radiator is new but I only got it because alot of other run them without issue and it makes working on te front of the motor 100x easier.

Yes, I have the complete interior

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts