The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just saved a 91 vr4

GVR4kauai

Aloha fellow vr4 owners my names John and I am a dsm horder lol. I have a slew of 2g dsm's here in Hawaii and today I found and saved a 91 vr4 #1633. Just wanna say what's up and I'm sure I'll be posting things here a lot. I'm on dsmtuners as dsmkauai and have a 95 gst running 12.4@112 with a small 16g. Look forward to chatting with some of you and I also am planning to race the car in 2 weeks at our next race event to see where it stands. Currently working on the galant fixing the many small issues it has lucky for me I have just about all the parts I need. Here's a Quick vid of the car so far.
click

GVR4kauai

Ya it was hidding for the last 6 years and a friend of mine said he swore the car got cruched years ago. I'm deffinetly stoked I found and am saving it, I can't wait to really drive it once I finish all the pm's and fix the issues. I'm going to have my friend drive it down to the track for me so I can run both my Mitsu's the vr4 in street class and my dsm in sports compact should be fun.

mistaVR4

Right on bro!

Glad too see another saved, nice work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Good luck with your races coming up! Also, it would be cool if could post up some pics of all your Mitsu's!

Peace,

-Steve

GVR4kauai

Ya I'll deffinetly try to once i get some time.

turbowop

Dude. That's an awesome find. After visiting Maui this past spring, I can't imagine seeing a GVR4 amongst all the regular and rental cars all over the island. The number of these cars on Hawaii has to be ridiculously low, let alone the number of them on just one island. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

DR1665

Awesome. High-5 from Phoenix.

dsm10o0

Awesome find man. Have fun restoring that car. Very rare find indeed!

GVR4kauai

Got the vr4 back on the road today, it's running pretty good but has a crappy idle. And I checked the engine code and swear it shows 22 crank sensor. Will check again in the morning to verify again. I can tell the stock exhaust is choking this thing bad, so will swap a 2.5" downpipe on for the races sat. Also will check the ecu and see how it looks. I'll post some pics tomorrow. And update some more.

DDM

Wow. Dont you how you found it but congrats.

GVR4kauai

Well did some work to the vr4 the last week and got it running really good again. Took it to the track tonight and ran it a few runs. My best was a 14.8@90 w/ a 2.0 60' launching at around 6,000 or so. Was really fun, but the sad thing is my 95 eclipse gst did a sad death. One of the rods let go and flew out the oil pan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. The only good thing is I have a few spare motors I've been building for my other 98 talon tsi and another I was planning to run in the eclipse anyway. All in all the eclipse out did itself, had right at 240,000 miles on the stock motor. Never has been out of the car, just keeping up on all my pm's for it. Even had stock head gasket still but with adds arp's. Also I'll add with the small 16g and the rest of my setup I was running constant 12.4@112 and cutting mid 1.7 60'. That motor had a good long hard life lol. I'll post some pics of the carnage later on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And some vids of the vr4 and also start a build thread for it.

GVR4kauai

Sorry it took so long for me to upload a few pics of the new gvr4. I'm working on fixing it up abit and also to have some fun in it.
img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

feil8409

Congrats on the nice save. Those are some pretty decent number for what it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GVR4kauai

The only thing that sucks now is they want about $1400 in back taxes on the gvr4. This in no way means I'm ditching the car, they said if I wait 14 years so 35 total all the taxes will be wiped clean. So for now it will become a trailer queen and ill use it to race down at the track. Also I will be modding it, cuz why not I got the car free and have tons of parts to use. So far I'm wiring in a 2g maf to run with Fic 550's also mounting up the fmic that I had on my eclipse. For now ill stick with the 14b and push it alittle, oh and got parts on the way for the 5 lug conversion, since I can't find any good rims and I'm missing one oem. I have a few sets of 5 lug wheels here already so works out better. I want the car to be a sleeper, which it pretty much is already lol. My best in the car last month at the track all stock was 14.5@92 w/ a 1.9 60', that's not to shabby at all. I think with the small mods in doing I can get it into the 13's this month.

GVR4kauai

Well all the little mods worked out well so far. Ran a best of 13.7@101 w/ 1.9 60'. Still racing, well test runs now races later. Would be cool to pull a 13.5 and be a full second faster than last month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

GVR4kauai

Here's a little vid of a run I think it was 13.9 or something. click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned