The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VIN number for a JDM 91 VR4

hello everyone, I am from Hong kong, I drive a 91 VR4 as the title stated. I was in the States last years looking for suspension bushings in a Mitsubishi dealer in Dallas, yet the guy insisted to have a VIN of my car before he can look up his computer. I looked around my title/registration from Hong Kong and couldn't find the VIN number, neither anywhere on my car. Could someone help me out? Is there a generic VIN number I can use to order the right parts? Appreciate your inputs. Thanks

89Patches

The "vin" number is the Chassis number on a JDM. It's on the engine bay badge and also into etched into the fire wall right beside it.

Dasith

use mine if you like, it's a Facelift Jspec.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That will not help you at a Mitsubishi dealer in the US. They only have US CAPS and are clueless about a chassis number. The US CAPS will not accept a chassis number anyway, it needs a 17 digit VIN.

A good parts guy can look up something without a VIN, but they won't because they don't want to make a mistake or take returns.

prove_it

Your better off looking up the part number yourself and then ordering that part directly from an online source or the dealer.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned