The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just introducing myself

Hi, just joined the org and wanted to introduce myself. I don't own a DSM or MMC but have built a 95 gsx eclipse and i in the process of building #1947. My friend bought 1947 a year and a half ago... The car was running fine but had a bad turbo, coked so bad the the plate behind the turbine wheel wore the back of the turbine wheel, aquired a used 14b but before I had a chance to put it on the oil filter came loosegoing up hill in traffic and brought a wonderful knock into the equasion.... fast forward to a year and a half later, bought a used 6 bolt only to find that there was water in one of the cyl. so we ended up rebuilding the motor, removed the balance shafts stuck to the 1g pistons... while we were at it: AEM fuel rail, RC 550 injectors, injen intake with a neat BOV return hose (think it was a radiator hose for a mini van) and 2g maf with trunk located battery. Well... MAF was bad so I put all the original intake airbox injectors back on, one step forward, 2 steps backwards... Motor starts and purrs, thought it would vibrate worse without the balance shafts. Now I think that the replacement turbo I put on is junk. Split the hotside off before I put it on and other than a couple chipped blades it looked and spun fine, when you drive the car it has a funny sound that changes with throttle position, but not affected by RPM sounds like the turbo gets hung up then breaks loose, anyways... no boost. I assume the BOV vacuum line is a good place to tap in for a vac/boost gauge. so now I'm looking for a new new turbo.

Any ways... me and 1947 have a love hate relationship. A lot like my wife, when she's not broke everyone is happy, when she is broke than no one is happy.

Just a late night babble thanks for "listening" and thanks for having me in the org...

Welcome
Yes sounds like a typical VR4 mod path
3 steps forward - 2 steps backward. lol

GIjoe

Welcome to gvr4.org!

Thanks. I can't believe the knowlage that is on this one forum... Stuff that I had no idea about. Like I said, I built a 2g gsx but VR-4s are a completely different animal. There is more technology in a 91 galant than a 95 gsx. These cars have every piece of technology available in 91.

Except built in jack stands under them from the factory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fivestardsm

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Its definitely been a journy for us, huh bro!! Would be lost without you, and the good people on the the org.!! Thanks all!! I should introduce myself also.....I'm #1947's daddy,(matt), so to speak !! And she definitely needs a spankin!! She's been a bad girl!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

To say that I have been intimate with 1947 is an understatement, its more like duct taped, thrown in a dark damp basement and repeadedly raped

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned