The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM Rear bumper free to good home

I agree with the 'SHOT' statement, most of the GVR4s I see localy here in NZ being wreked sickens me, most of them are very tidy and restorable. In my circle of friends we have dismantled a couple of VR4s. One was a genuine EVO-0, but that had a head-on and was not fixable. The only GVR4s I would consider wreking would be one with bad body damage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif and then to top it off the guys I've come across here wreking them want totaly rediculous prices for the parts to make up for wreking a 'good' car. Like one guy wanted nzd $80 just to cut some plugs off of a harness that was no good, I mean hell, I bought a good loom from parts world for that price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Rant over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif but not all Kiwis want to destroy fixable cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Justin

blacksheep

Quoting turbowop:
No, that's a fake wiper.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I laughed so hard when I read this. Then I looked at who posted it and laughed some more.

alansupra94

Quoting MMCVR4:
Not worth it! But this should cut the shipping down to 0.

Good think I had my flame suit on.

NZ VR4 RS

Quoting Justin_Cosgrove:
I agree with the 'SHOT' statement, most of the GVR4s I see localy here in NZ being wreked sickens me, most of them are very tidy and restorable. In my circle of friends we have dismantled a couple of VR4s. One was a genuine EVO-0, but that had a head-on and was not fixable. The only GVR4s I would consider wreking would be one with bad body damage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif and then to top it off the guys I've come across here wreking them want totaly rediculous prices for the parts to make up for wreking a 'good' car. Like one guy wanted nzd $80 just to cut some plugs off of a harness that was no good, I mean hell, I bought a good loom from parts world for that price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Rant over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif but not all Kiwis want to destroy fixable cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Justin

the $80 price was for every plug in the engine bay , we always get $150 for a loom so $80 is about right.
our prices cant be too bad as all the bits seem to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
if there is any thing else you need for your conversion we are more than happy to help.

if you look at what the shot statement was made for,it was to do with cutting up std bumpers which i agree with totally.
you get top dollar for a uncut bumper.

Last edited:

Quote:
the $80 price was for every plug in the engine bay , we always get $150 for a loom so $80 is about right.
our prices cant be too bad as all the bits seem to go.
if there is any thing else you need for your conversion we are more than happy to help.

NZVR4RS Are you Streetspeedconz?

I've bought a rear dog-leg and front end cap off of you before and the price was good (can't beat $35 bux) was just shocked when you said $80 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I do get pretty fired up when I see people dismantling tidy cars.

Considering some of the reasons given for wreaking them, I would like to quote a friends comment regarding Nissan s13 silvias. "If you want an origional s13, GOOD LUCK! I can show you a tidy one, but if you want one 'un-touched' unless you are realy lucky it's just not going to happen. Best you can hope for is an s13 lightly modded in tidy condition" think the vr4s might be the same, and it happens with boy-racer type cars, and people shower them with thier 'improvements'. Often it's not to hard to go through and reverse them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif As somebody mentioned some cars do need to be sold off for parts to keep the good ones going. Just seems to have become a trend on Trademe to partout a good car and I'm not the first one to have said this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Hope I haven't made myself come across like an idiot but that's what I think.

Regards,
Justin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

NZ VR4 RS

no im not Streetspeedconz but Ryan and i both own and part out vr4's.

3 or 4 of the cars we bought off trade me have been fixed up and onsold, they were the exception and worth doing.

the other 15 or so weren't, the pics may look good and true you can repair and rebuild anything but they arn't worth it, they are worth a lot more in parts that's why people do it to make cash.

there is a tiny market for tidy vr4's and to do one to what i call a good body and mechanical standard i would want over $10,000 to break even.

so why spend a ton on money on a car that wont get you back the money you spent on it when you can help other people out, make a bit of cash and have some fun in the process.

on one of my vr4"s in the garage i have spent 4 or 5 times what it worth but i still pour money into it, that's why i wreck cars out in part to pay for this.

the more we pull apart the more of the good ones that are owned by people that deserve are left, that's a good thing

and i like getting paid for pulling cars apart, its a lot easier than putting them back together.

maybe $80 was a bit high as this seems to be your issue but you will not belive what we have sold bits that we thought were worth nonething for, it's all about supply and demand.
and i like getting paid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nick

Last edited:

Quote:
so why spend a ton on money on a car that wont get you back the money you spent on it when you can help other people out, make a bit of cash and have some fun in the process.

on one of my vr4"s in the garage i have spent 4 or 5 times what it worth but i still pour money into it, that's why i wreck cars out in part to pay for this.

the more we pull apart the more of the good ones that are owned by people that deserve are left, that's a good thing

and i like getting paid for pulling cars apart, its a lot easier than putting them back together.

Ok Nick, I kinda see where you're comming from. Guess gvr4s like any other classic. As they increase in value, more 'not so good' ones will get restored. I think it's different for those who can panel and paint thier own cars as there's about a $5,000 saving there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

And don't feel bad about the connections, was just trying my luck since the loom was no good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif That's one of the good things with the e33/35a galants, parts are dirt cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Go the turbo Fwd booya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Cheers, Justin

GSX_TC

Quoting blacksheep:
Quoting turbowop:
No, that's a fake wiper.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I laughed so hard when I read this. Then I looked at who posted it and laughed some more.

Oh yeah and why the f*** is that?

GSX_TC

No your just an asshole.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned