The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM Rear bumper free to good home

Quoting cheekychimp:
"What's up" is that even if the bumper is free I doubt any of you lot would pay what it would cost to ship it. Not calling you cheapskates or anything ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif) ... but it's really not a cost effective solution!

Has anyone ever checked to see the actual cost of shipping a bumper from NZ?

fuel

heaps.. as in like $300-400+. It's just not economical to send singular large sized goods like bumpers outbound of NZ.

4wheelsqueal

You guys set up to ship front clips? Am going to need a bunch of parts for my rhd galant and going to be easier to just buy another front clip to get everything I need. Just starting to look around now. Let me know if youj can and will go from thered. And yes I know, its going to be expensive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

pmp285

those bumpers are stock here in the philippines (93 galant gti, 4g63 n/a fwd)... in a surplus shop we can get those for like $60... and a bunch of stuff, even front cuts (front bumper upto the dash)

NZ VR4 RS

i can send the smaller stuff like lights,indicators and fuel flaps and have done so in the past, pm me with what you want.

belive me we have looked at shipping bumpers,bonnets rear screens with wipers etc but the cost is just too high, and its a long way for damage to happen unless you package them heavy duty which can be another big cost.

why do we wreck out what looks like good cars, like most vr4's in NZ most of them are prety well messed up with budget and badly done mods, we sell the good bits to pay for my two rs evolution models and the
friend that i do this with a mint monte carlo edition.

also to help out fellow VR4 people keep their ones going.

here is a pic of my two cars.

MX4

Quoting H05TYL:
I think it's a shame to wreck a bunch of good tidy cars...

Nikk, not sure if this is a sarcastic comment or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But we have only ever wrecked out cars that are damaged or have been badly modified beyond repair. What you cant see in the photo above is the fake leather interior, the wiring loom that has been tucked under the drivers front guard or the locked rear diff. Its stuff that would be fixable but realistically its not worth it at the cost and hours it would take. We love these cars as much as anyone!!

H05TYL

No sarcasm, I noticed the fake leather and stuff, but on the whole it looks much tidier than many I've seen (I think the further north you go the more beaten up they get).

GSX_TC

I wouldn't conside those things not worth fixing. That would be a reason to upgrade the diff for a 4bolt one for me man. And either way I would have all the interior reupholstered eventually.

dewman

^^You know vr4's arent nearly as collectible over there,right? It's not like here,where there was only 3009 imported.

fuel

^^ I wouldn't quite go as far as saying that!

You're forgetting they were never sold domestically here, unlike over in the States. The only ones we do have here have come from Japan as a used grey import. Approx 25,000 GVR-4s were produced in Japan but of those perhaps only a small percentage made their way here. They were definitely relatively 'common' in the late 90s - that is to say you would see them for sale on dealer's yards and there were many un-molested factory examples out there to choose from. Nowadays the number is only dwindling further as in the early 2000's you could no longer import them until just a few years ago were you can now import up to 1989 models (but that would exclude the Evolutions and Monte Carlos etc as they are 1990 onwards).

I think it's safe to say you just cannot find a tidy un-molested near factory standard example out there for sale at the moment - there has perhaps been two or three pop up over the last 3-4 years but they either are over-priced and don't sell, or get snapped up immediately.

That's not to say that there isn't any VR-4s for sale, there's plenty, however they are generally done up to horrible tastes like so:

168000111_full.jpg

160029424_full.jpg

171908988_full.jpg

170040989_full.jpg

171044314_full.jpg

(that last one isn't a VR-4 but still wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a poorly modified VR-4)

RedTwo

Maybe we should be running the JDM VR4 registry in conjunction with icemans registry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif
Shotgun not running it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

That 2nd one from the top isn't so bad minus the ugly rims.

fuel

even with the CUT bumper to fit a standard-sized intercooler? People who cut JDM bumpers like that, especially Evo 0 ones should be shot!

GSX_TC

Lol shot??

RedTwo

Yes, shot. Executed with a pistol and the bill for the bullet sent to the next of kin.

It's not virtually impossible to find a front bumper that hasn't been cut up these days. The uncut one I have is nicely twisted thanks to a Honda /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

alansupra94

I was wondering....anyone can yell at me but....

What if you were to cut the bumper so that it was flat. As in you cut the sides of it off and when it gets back over here, you fiberglass it back together. Would that help cut down on the price of shipping?

*Flamesuit on*

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned