The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is this too much timing?????

Quoting Blown1:
So theoretically if you were going to move it where would you move it to?????

I wouldn't. Its very tough to find a spot for the bung and O2 to clear. As I said, just ignore it at idle.

Quoting Blown1:
the only thing I have done is back the biss screw out a bit.

If the ISC step is already at zero, you don't want to back the screw out even further, that will cause idle surge issues. You want to turn it in until you see 5-10 steps at idle at most, IMO.

Quoting Blown1:
Just need the damn afpr so I can figure out why its so lean at idle yet so rich at WOT.

BTW, I don't consider 10.8:1 to be "so rich" when the openloop map targets are set to 11.0:1. That 0.2 difference is so small as to be almost insignificant, and probably much less than the accuracy of your wideband. There are way too many things that could easily add up to throw off the AFR by 0.2, like injectors that flow slightly more, fuel pressure being 1 psi too high, MAS calibration, type of air filter used, etc. That is why the factory builds in the fueltrims, to compensate for parts that are at both extremes of the manufacturing tolerances, aging, and wear of components. But, the fueltrims don't work in openloop, and it can be a little trickier to hit the desired AFR, so the factory over compensates by making the openloop maps a very rich 9.5:1. Of course, they also do this to keep the combustion chambers cooler and reduce knock, but it is highly inefficient.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quoting keydiver:
MAS screw.

As far as I know the mass screw has not been touched. I will remove look at it and verify tomorrow.

Quoting AnotherNewb:
Cool, have you figured out where your going to mount the FPR?

Mounted on firewall dead center where most people mounts it

As a side note I fixed(replaced)the flex section on my exhaust it was just crunched up and my wideband gauge is reading fine now. Seems like all that air in front of the sensor was what was causing the lean readings at idle lol....

Quoting keydiver:
Quoting Blown1:
So Jeff where did you move your wideband sensor to?

I didn't. I just got used to the fact I couldn't see the true AFR all the time. It still worked fine for WOT which is all I really cared about.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned