The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Introduction

broncfan56

Hello everyone,

I don't post on this forum much as every question I have had so far has been answered multiple times. I do however read on here often in an attempt to "learn myself somethin'" I'm currently in possession of 2 GVR4s, one in very good shape, Click , the other is a basket case and currently in pieces. It is my hope to rebuild the 91 into what I would call tastefully modded condition and break even on the sale (which to be honest looks doubtful). Anyway here are some highlights of the current condition of 1720, any tips on fixing these issues, and/or money saving tips are welcomed but for the most part I have a good picture of what needs to be done:

-Engine needs rebuilt from top to bottom, which i can do, minus the machining
-Transmission condition unknown
-Wiring harness hacked to pieces
-No air plumbing of any sort
-1g fuel sending unit (I believe, it is triangular shaped)
-Poor battery relocation to the trunk, very shoddy
-Car rattle canned white, originally green
-Missing a few interior trim pieces
-No windshield
-Passenger front window and sunroof not working
-An odometer reading to be proud of (383K) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

The list goes on, but I guess it is really not all that bad... I could however use some encouragement seeing as sometimes I look at it and think to myself "why don't you just sell it for parts and be done with it" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Hope this finds you all well.

Loren

5OF2k

Hey hey! Good to see a fellow Springs member! Give me a shout if you need a hand with anything, or feel like selling some stuffs from the "basket case" lol

-Jake

LIV4PSI

You're "nice" VR4 is gorgeous. It looks like you got a great deal on it for the price.

As for the basket case, it will take way more than $6k to make it as nice. Some VR4s die for a reason.

broncfan56

Jake, will do either way. Maybe I will see you around when I get back in town, I believe I have seen your car around town from time to time, maybe Academy and Carefree? Also if you every need any help give me a shout.

PSI, that is what my logical side keeps telling me, but my ignorant side keeps slapping me with the thought that I can do it for a reasonable price. We shall see.

5OF2k

Right on sir, sounds good! It may have been me, allthough Im not much further north than Galley most of the time unless it's a rare case of catching the cruising bug or something like that. I work like crazy, and stay on the south end of town. I know there is another white one running around the Springs somewhere, I havent seen it myself but I get people telling me they see me ALL OVER town lol.

Shoot me a PM if you want, we'll exchange info and go from there!

-Jake

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned